Chapter Seventeen

Luca

Slamming the screen to the laptop down, I nearly throw the thing at the wall, but stop myself when I realize we can track the video call.

Quickly I open my laptop back up, "I need a tech geek in here now!" I yell out to nobody in particular.  I know how to trace some things but a video call is something I've never attempted to trace before.  In situations like this, time is crucial.  We must be fast and precise.

"Here let me see it, I'm sure I can get it," he pauses and a sly smirk pops up, "I'm definitely not a geek but I'm confident of all my skills," Dominic says, arrogance flowing from him naturally.  "You do realize Penzkov's group will also be tracing the video call?"

My heart dropped.  It felt like a cold brick landed deep in my stomach.  I can't believe I didn't think of that.  What if they trace it first?

"Shit! Hurry up and find it! You know they out number us after that slaughter party a few weeks ago!" I pace around the room, impatiently waiting for Dominic to crack the video's location.  If the Russians get there first, they will have an advantage over the Asian gang as well as us. 

As if he read my mind, Damon states our disadvantages. "You guys do realize the only way we can succeed in this mission is if we ambush them unexpectedly? We also have two groups of enemies there this go around, not just one.  We need to bring in as many capable bodies as possible." He suggests, his expression showing nothing but doubts.

"Just who do you think we can, oh I don't know, toss a weapon at, throw on a plane, and expect to know how to fight our kind of battles? My sister wouldn't want us bringing innocent people in to their guaranteed death." Frustrated, I kick a chair over, pulling at my hair.  "And just who do we even have that we can attempt this with?" I can't foresee our men bringing in their teenage sons to fight along with us but I have a gut feeling this is the only pool of recruits available to us.

"You know, we can have Adrian, Jace, and Cole come along.  They are aware of what we do and are close to your sister.  Now even Adrian knows how to use a gun, maybe not well, but still knows nonetheless." My dad suddenly speaks up.  I almost forgot that he was sitting in here with us.  He has been unusually quiet since the video call.  But he is right.  There is those three to help us at least.  That's better than three teenage sons of our men.

"You're right.  Call them, Dad."

"I already have. They are on board with it and will be here soon." My dad states, worry lining his face more than I've ever seen before.  Kwan's crew is known for torture and being unjustly cruel, and I'm sure seeing Amaris all busted up is fucking with him.

Nodding at my dad, I turn back to Dominic just as he claps his hands together.  "Got it!" he exclaims, turning the laptop toward the rest of us. "We better get our private plane prepped to go to Mongolia. The quicker, the better.  I'm sure they won't be in the same exact location as the video call by the time we get there."

Damon starts getting the arrangements made so we can catch a flight out as soon as possible, while Dominic and I unlock the armory.  We load several duffles with weapons and protective equipment.  Hopefully we have enough bullet proof vests for however many people we can gather up to go.  Perhaps we need to discuss some sort of recruitment and initiation to more outsiders so we can rebuild our manpower.

A discussion for later.

Voices and footsteps file in as I fling a duffle over my shoulder.  Jace, Cole, and Adrian have arrived, along with a few other guys.  Thankfully I don't see any of the young sons here.  This just isn't their time to help us fight. 

"Everyone has been briefed on the mission," my dad states, "and the ones staying behind will be on duty to protect the families here in case this is some type of diversion tactic."

We load up in several vehicles and head to the runway where the private plane is waiting.  Upon boarding I feel somewhat relieved to see we do have more men than I expected, our numbers not as depleted as I initially thought.  Taking a seat by a window, I sigh and wipe my sweaty palms over my denim clad legs. 

For the first time in years, I am truly scared of how this will end.  Please hang on Amaris, we are coming for you.

A/N

This chapter is after the video call and what Amaris' family and the twins plan.  The next chapter will be the Russians.  Haven't decided if it will be in Felix's or Vlad's POV yet. 

Show some love! Comment, vote, share, follow! It is such a pleasant feeling to see the notifications! I appreciate you all!