Chapter Thirty Four

A/N
So as a reminder, I do not appreciate messages in my inbox demanding I release chapters quicker. 1- I do not get paid to do this. I work a full time job for my income. Not a single cent is received from here. 2- I do not receive enough views, likes, comments, or shares to even consider rapidly publishing the chapters. I do appreciate the small amount I get, but it's not a big enough incentive for me to prioritize publishing. 3- Combining 1&2; this is a hobby. I don't hound others about theirs, do not hound me. I can easily remove these stories and delete my account.

Furthermore, please respect what I've just said. If I must, I'll post this on each chapter at the beginning and end. If that doesn't stop the hateful messages, then I will throw in the towel and delete Wattpad.

Thanks in advance!

•••

Vlad

The surprise on her beautiful face is apparent. She most definitely wasn't expecting to see the little shit we hired to help us learn about our enemies, leading us right to their hidden daughter. Ultimately, being the key to abducting her.

Ryan's eyes are wide with both hope and fear. I bet he thinks she can help him. We've only knocked him around some, barely leaving any marks on him, but he's not leaving here alive. When that realization hits, it'll be much more satisfying witnessing that spark of hope extinguish.

He fucked up. He never should've taken a job from Kwan. Betraying me has only one outcome, no matter who it is.

Death.

But first, I'll let my little kitten get some sort of revenge. Perhaps it'll soften her up to me.

I reach forward and rip the tape from his mouth. He hisses and squeezes his eyes shut. I laugh softly at his discomfort and keep Amaris' face in my periphery. I need to see how she reacts. What she will do. But I also don't want to appear too concerned with her feelings.

"Amaris," he breathes out. Tears glide down his face as he stares at her. Maybe he thinks he can beg for her forgiveness with a look and a few tears.

Pathetic.

"Ryan.. why are you here?" she asks, voice cracking slightly. She looks his body over, as if it's an instinct instead of genuine concern for her ex-friend.

He scoffs, a look of disbelief on his face. "Are you serious? I'm bound to a chair, Mare, I've been kidnapped."

For a moment she stands there silently. I lean back against the wall and observe them. Is she feeling sorry for him? Will she beg for his freedom? I sure hope not. He betrayed her for me. For money. He's nothing to her.

She bites her lower lip and shakes her head, the movement drawing my eyes right to her lips and I desperately want to kiss her. "Sucks doesn't it?" she deadpans and lets her hands drop to her sides, the smacking sound echoing around us. "Now you know how I feel you asshole!" She launches herself at him and slaps him across the face.

Good. That's what I was hoping for. No pity for the weasel.

"Mare, I'm-"

"Don't call me that! You lost that right when you helped screw my life up!" Her words are laced with both anger and pain. There's a part of her that is deeply hurt by this idiot. I guess she really valued their friendship.