Chapter Five

Amaris

"Hurry up.  We don't have all day and I'm pretty sure the boss won't be pleased if your skin is ruined." Felix's voice snapped me out of my trance. I observe my body and see what he is seeing. If he didn't interrupt me, soon my skin would look like I took sandpaper to it. I cringe and drop the rag with a 'plop' into the water.

Reluctantly, I pull out the plug and let the water drain away, along with my momentary reprieve from all this fuckery. As the final swirls of water make a choking sound as it leaves the tub, I find myself unable to get up. Can't or won't? I wrap my arms tightly around my legs and bury my face in my knees, my body trembling from the chilled air as well as fear.

A towel lands on top of my head and my shoulders, startling me. "Here.  Dry off and do it quickly.  You've wasted enough time." Felix's harsh tone grows angrier by the minute that as he waits for me.

I begrudgingly stand up, acutely aware of his roaming eyes all over my naked body and quickly wrap the towel around myself.  "Do you have to watch me dry off? Can't trust me enough to do that?" I snap, not bothering to make eye contact with Felix.

Pervert.

Felix ignores me but keeps his eyes locked on my towel clad form. Okay. Creepy fuck.

I turn away once more, giving Felix a view of my back and shake my head in disbelief. "Fucking pervert," I mumble to myself as I try and fail to dry myself without unwrapping the towel. Unfortunately, he hears me.

"You got something you want to say to me suka?" Felix's voice was suddenly right behind me, his warm breath fanning my bare shoulders. I audibly gulp.

Letting out a slow breath of air, I decide to turn around and meet the perv face to face. "I said," my tone laced with anger and irritation, "Fucking.  Pervert." Making sure to emphasize on each word, I keep my glare even with Felix.

Well, that pushed my luck. I probably should've just said no...

I taste blood and the slap echoes throughout the bathroom.  My head whips to the right and I hold it there, gritting my teeth and squeezing my eyes tight.  I refuse to cry out.  When I open my eyes again, I feel the familiar hot sting of tears threatening to surface, but I viciously blink them back. 

My blood and saliva mingle in my mouth.  I'm not swallowing that shit.  I know better than what I'm about to do, but when a girl has nothing left, at least my pettiness is still around to have my back.

I turn my head back toward him and look him right in his fucking eyes.  I quickly spit my bloody saliva right in his face. He rears back as though I slapped him, granting me time to quickly slam my palm in an upward angle right in the nose.

Felix groans and grabs at his bloodied nose.  He pulls his bloody fingers away before giving me a bone-chilling look as his pained groans turn into an angry snarl.

Oh shit shit shit!

I fumble and slide but make it out of the tub, clad only in a towel, and dart for the door.  Dread pulses through me when I twist the knob and the door doesn't budge.

Locked!

Story of my life.

I remember one time trying to sneak back in after missing curfew, knowing I specifically left the back door unlocked. I knew I'd miss curfew. Parties at Shelly's when her parents were gone never ended early. Luca was fighting his attraction towards Shelly so he refused to party with us so called kids. He was still salty with himself though and the asshole locked the door purposely. I ended up having to call my parents to let me inside and got grounded over it. He laughed at me everyday for two weeks. After that, he'd make me do some stupid chore of his anytime I wanted to make sure the door stayed unlocked after our parents went to sleep.