Chapter Ten

Luca

"What do you mean she wasn't put up for auction?!" Dominic roars at Adrian, causing him to coil back in fear. Poor guy, it isn't his fault.

Adrian sighs dejectedly, "I mean exactly what I just said, man!"  He pauses for a moment before continuing, "The dude that seemed to be in charge of that place had her dolled up and sitting by his side!  She was like a show pony for all the goons to ogle at but not once did she seem distraught or upset... until she saw me."

The sadness that falls over his features is bothersome.  What did my sister's behavior look like to him?  What is all this even like for her?

My train of thought just boggles up in a bunch of questions and confusion.  Something just isn't right about her abduction.  How is she not upset?

"So you're saying it's as if she's Vlad's little pet?"  I ask Adrian, furrowing my brows as I try not to get sick with my own question.

"That's EXACTLY what I'm saying, Luca!"  He emphasizes on the word exactly.  This is what I feared his explanation meant.

"If he lays one goddamn hand on her, he's a dead man!"  Dominic says, anger radiating from his body.  I know he and his brother both have this unwavering love towards Amaris, as weird and taboo as it may be, but he isn't going to get us anywhere raging out.

"Calm down, we won't get very far if you keep letting yourself rage out every second.  We need to be smart about how we play this out.  Get some guys in the streets to hear about some of Vlad's next moves, we will develop a plan from there."  As confident as I sound, I don't feel a single ounce in me.  Hopelessness and constant worry plague my mind.  Mom and dad are a mess once again with this mission being unsuccessful. They hide it well in front of everyone but behind closed doors; an absolute fucking mess.  Every suggestion, every thought even, turns into negative feelings amongst us all.  A hellish nightmare quickly became reality, a reality we hoped to protect her from all those years ago.

Light shuffling draws my attention toward the adjacent room. The slightly hunched form of Damon slowly makes his way in.  Poor guy is still hurting bad, the pain written all over his face and body language.  He's at least moving around better.

"So you guys are basically no where with getting her back, right?" His voice is gruff. He's hurting more emotionally than physically is my guess.

I meet him halfway and assist him into a chair.  "You should really be resting more." I murmur. His hand rests over his abdomen, guarding the healing wound.

Damon dismisses me with a wave of his hand, "I'll rest when I'm dead.  I want her back.  I need her back." He fists his free hand tight. "We need her back!" He proclaims, his voice straining as he runs a hand through his unkempt hair.

My anxiety is rocketing. I try to reign it in but the restless tapping of my foot on the ground, the tapping of my index finger on my chin every few seconds.. a dead giving away. I'm trying to be as calm as possible though. I really am trying.

"You're right. We need her back.  Adrian- you're coming with me.  You're going to show me exactly where you were and exactly what direction all of  Vlad's vehicles went after the auction was over."

His face contorts in alarm and although I'd typically find it comical, right now it's not appreciated. Time for him to act like a real man and step up.  I look him straight in the eyes, searching back and forth for any signs that he can't handle even my presence in this matter. He waggles his eyebrows at me as he grins. Apparently I'm not intimidating enough. "Have you ever used a gun before?" I question him, "Because if you haven't, you're going to learn- tonight." I deadpan. Time for shit to get handled.

His face loses the grin but he quickly smiles and leans forward. "Does a paintball gun count?"

I groan. Whereas it would be beneficial for others to have experience with a paintball gun, it isn't for him. I remember going paint-balling with him in tow and he hid the entire time. The only shot he took was when Amaris pelted him in the back and he accidentally fired the paint ball gun off as the shot took him by surprise.

Someone please give me the strength not to choke him to death.

I roll my eyes and snatch him up by the arm, "Time to learn how to kill and survive sweet cheeks. Your time as being just a pretty boy has come to an end."

Adrian scoffs but allows me to lead him away, mumbling about his 'forever status as a pretty boy' blah blah.  

Dominic is hot on our heels and a few of our guys flank him, leaving Damon slowly trailing behind. I appreciate his dedication to finding my sister, but if he doesn't heal up, he won't be any use when the time comes.

Whatever twisted game Vlad is playing, we will bring it to an end. Somehow, someway, we will get my sister back and burn his Bratva to the ground.