6-10

Chapter 6

When they went out, He Yunsheng asked, "Why are you so late today? You won't be able to get a good seat later. "

"I have something to do." He Yan said, "It's okay if you can't get a good seat. Our cakes are better."

He Yunsheng was speechless.

He felt that talking to He Yan now was like punching cotton, making it hard for him to vent his anger. He Yan didn't lose her temper and was in a relaxed mood. He Yunsheng didn't know if she was optimistic or stupid. At least, he hadn't seen He Yan in a long time.

The shed was set up on a street in the west of the city. Opposite was the capital's largest restaurant, Zuiyu Court. Guests came and went, and the small business here was very good. But the shed was only so big, so they had to go there early to get a good seat.

He Yunsheng took out the big cake from the steamer.

Da Nai cake was a kind of pastry. It was made of peeled and pitted raw plums, blanched with white plum and licorice soup, and then filled with honey, pine nuts, olive kernels, walnut kernels, and melon kernels. It was put into a small steamer and steamed until it was ripe. It was sour and sweet, very delicious, and not expensive. He Yunsheng came to sell the big cake, and he could make money every month to support his family.

The sun was warm and comfortable, and people came to buy one or two from time to time. By the time the sun turned to the east of Zuiyu Court, they would probably be sold out.

He Yan watched He Yunsheng work. He Yunsheng was very capable, and it reminded her of the children in the army camp. Most of the children in the army camp were from poor families, and the young masters of rich families were not willing to let them go to war. Those poor children went to war just for a bite to eat. So before that, they did all kinds of work, and they could do anything.

Although she had never been poor, she had been through it.

"Hey, give me one … Isn't this Lady He?" A voice interrupted He Yan's thoughts.

She looked up and saw a long-faced man in front of her. His hair was combed into a shiny bun, and he had the head of a deer and the eyes of a mouse. He was dressed in white, but he was neither fish nor fowl. He raised his hand and was about to put it on He Yan's shoulder, but He Yan dodged to the side.

The man missed and regretfully retracted his hand, saying, "Lady He, long time no see. You didn't go out much these days. So you're here to sell cakes with Young Master He … How can you do this kind of thing? It's hard...."

His tone made it sound like they were close.

He Yan didn't understand and looked at He Yunsheng. He Yunsheng's face was filled with anger as he reprimanded, "Wang Jiugui, stay away from my sister!"

"Brat, your sister doesn't mind... ... You........................................................... Well, I bought some rouge a few days ago and wanted to give it to you. Since I happened to meet you today, I want to give it to you. I wonder if you would do me the honor of going to the Sishui River with me? "

. "He Yan wanted to laugh at a person who looked like a beggar trying to act like an elegant young master. She had met many people in her two lives, both good and bad. But no one dared to tease her like this.

"I want to sell cakes. I may not be able to go for a walk with you." He Yan tactfully declined. "You should give this rouge to someone else."

Wang Jiugui was stunned.

He lived on the same street as the He family. He Yan's father was a military officer, so others didn't dare to provoke her. But He Yan wasn't a girl who knew her place, and she liked to take advantage of little things. Usually, if he gave her some rouge and powder, she would call him "Brother Jiugui". Today, in front of so many people, he was slapped in the face.