41-45

Chapter 41

     The next day, just as Liang Jiaotou had said, they ran half of the laps and finished early. It wasn't even time for lunch yet.

Then, all the recruits were brought to the training field.

The training field next to the Liangzhou Guard Station was huge. It was probably because there was a large open field at the foot of the mountain that could accommodate everyone. He Yan looked around and thought that this was indeed a good place to train. It was noon and the sun was high up in the sky. There wasn't even a trace of wind. The flags on the high platform were stuck to the flagpoles, making the recruits look listless from the sun.

"From today onwards, you will begin weapon training." Chief Instructor Shen slammed his long spear on the ground. Everyone was shocked and looked at him attentively.

"Do you see that open field?" Shen Han pointed his long spear to the north.

Next to the open field near the weapon rack, there were dozens of crossbows in rows, staring at them aggressively. A hundred steps in front of the crossbows, there were arrow targets neatly arranged.

"From today onwards, all of you will start learning how to use the bow!" Chief Instructor Shen ordered. The following days were once again packed with students.

For a moment, everyone didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Wow! Archery is my favorite! "Xiao Mai was probably the happiest." Brother, it's our turn to show off! "

He Yan asked Shi Tou, "The bows you use for hunting aren't this heavy, right?"

Shi Tou looked at the crossbow for a while and shook his head. "No, it's lighter than this. It's also not made from cow horns. I made it from bamboo."

"It's pretty much the same," Xiao Mai said happily. Suddenly, she thought of something and asked He Yan, "A He Ge, can we borrow this bow to hunt rabbits in the mountains?"

He Yan: "… Train hard, don't dream about it."

As usual, the recruits were divided into teams. Each team was led by the head instructor to practice crossbow. The head instructor demonstrated first. He pulled the bow and released an arrow. The arrow flew into the middle of the target with a "whoosh" sound. It was very firm.

The recruits burst into cheers, and the head instructor had a pleased expression on his face.

He Yan could not help but praise him in his heart. Liang Ping was not a fake. He was really capable. Such a person would be an expert on the battlefield.

The soldiers in the barracks were all very excited and eager to give it a try. One after another, they came up to test the bows. Some people were born with great strength and could draw their bows to the fullest. Although they couldn't shoot accurately, they could shoot far. Some of them had already touched a bow and arrow before, so they were more familiar with the posture. Most of the recruits had strength but no accuracy. Their arrows were crooked, and before the arrows could reach the target, they would break in midair and fall to the ground.

After all, he had drawn his bow and shot an arrow.

Hong Shan also went up to try. He was born strong and could draw the bow well, but his accuracy was not good. He fell down when he reached the edge of the target. He didn't think much of it and even felt very satisfied. He nodded and said, "Not bad, not bad."