46-50

Chapter 46

     Everyone stared at He Yan's movements.

The young man walked to the crossbow. Compared to his thin and small body, the crossbow did not match him at all. She picked up the crossbow, took out an arrow from the quiver, and put her finger on it.

Wang Ba looked at her with disdain and said, "Put in more effort. Don't be like yesterday, putting on airs for a long time only to say that you can't pull it open."

He Yan did not seem to hear his words. On the other hand, Hong Shan was a little nervous and secretly worried for He Yan. The recruits in the army admired the strong. He Yan was not a girl, so they would not have any pity for him. They would only think that he was weak. Weak people were not worthy of sympathy. If he was a braggart, people would look down on him even more. He Yan had said yesterday that if he could not do it today, not only would the instructor secretly despise him, but other people in the barracks would also be ashamed to be associated with him and would not be friendly to him in the future.

He gave up yesterday without even pulling it open. Could it be that he could pull it open today?

The young man's gaze was fixed on the target. From this direction, his hands were very steady. His sunken eyes were like a hunting beast, quietly waiting for the moment to jump.

The bow was pulled open.

Bit by bit, it was not easy, but slowly, without any tremors, it was pulled open slowly. It was different from yesterday. It could be seen that the bow was slowly being pulled open.

"It's moving …" Xiao Mai excitedly tugged at Shi Tou's clothes. "Big Brother, A He Ge pulled the bow open!"

He knew that He Yan could do what he said. He did not know how many times he had said it!

The crowd whispered. Wang Ba did not expect this to happen. He was stunned at first, but then he immediately felt angry as if he had been slapped in the face. He gritted his teeth and stood still, wanting to see what kind of exquisite archery He Yan could show. Liang Jiaotou, who originally did not have much hope, was also attracted by He Yan's movements.

This kid was good. Yesterday, he had said that he could draw the bow today, and today, he really did. How did he do it in a day? Could it be that he had been pretending to be a pig to eat a tiger yesterday, saying that he didn't even know how to do it, just so that he could be in the limelight now?

While everyone was talking, the bow was already half drawn. He Yan stopped and did not continue to pull the string.

This was already her limit.

She loosened her grip and the arrow flew steadily towards the target!

Everyone stared at the tail feather of the arrow.

The arrow flew in the direction of the target, but before it reached the target, it fell powerlessly to the ground. There was a sigh of regret from the crowd, as if the arrow should have undoubtedly hit the center of the target.

He Yan withdrew his hand.

Xiao Mai was the first to jump out. He ran to He Yan's side and said with bright eyes, "A He Ge, you really pulled the bow!"