146-150

Chapter 146

     He Yan and Xiao Jue got off the carriage when they arrived at Prince Mengji's Mansion. A servant led the way. This was not their first time visiting the Prince Mengji's Mansion, so they felt much more at ease. The servant led He Yan and Xiao Jue to the entrance of the banquet hall and said respectfully, "His Highness and the guests are inside. Young Master Qiao and Madam can go in directly."

He Yan and Xiao Jue entered the banquet hall.

Mu Hongjin was leaning on a soft couch, her red robe spread across her face. She had a faint smile on her lips and was listening to the zither player playing the zither. There was another person sitting at a short and long table with his back facing He Yan. He was wearing a bamboo colored robe and had a jade hairpin on his head. His back view looked somewhat familiar.

She was still trying to figure out who this person was when Mu Hongjin's gaze swept past them and she smiled, "Military Governor Xiao is here."

He Yan and Xiao Jue bowed to Mu Hongjin. At the same time, the man who was sitting with his back facing them also stood up and turned his head to look at them.

The space between his brows was as gentle and elegant as an orchid, as clear as a banished immortal. He Yan never thought that he would actually see Chu Zhao in Meng Ji Wang Fu in Ji Yang.

The shock only lasted for a moment. He Yan immediately knew that things weren't good. She was now disguised as a woman. She didn't know what Chu Zhao would think if he saw her. This person's identity was still unknown. If he went back and told Xu Jingfu, Xu Jingfu would use this matter to create trouble for Xiao Jue. That wouldn't be good.

She stopped in her tracks and subconsciously took a step back towards Xiao Jue, trying to block Chu Zhao's gaze. However, she knew that unless she turned around and left immediately, her identity would be discovered by Chu Zhao sooner or later.

Xiao Jue seemed to sense something. She turned her head slightly and glanced at her. She sneered, "What are you afraid of?"

He Yan was about to speak when Chu Zhao saluted the Xiao Jue and said with a smile, "Military Governor Xiao, Miss He."

Well, He Yan must have seen it. He didn't even need to cover his face. He didn't even need to look in the mirror. He knew that his face must be very ugly at this moment.

Xiao Jue said, "Fourth young master Chu."

"It seems like you two are old acquaintances," Mu Hongjin smiled: "Sit, Fourth Young Master Chu is a distinguished guest from the Shuo capital."

Xiao Jue and He Yan sat down at the short table next to them.

The maidservant beside her came over to pour tea. Mu Hongjin waved her hand, signaling the musician who was still playing the guqin to leave. The banquet hall quieted down. He Yan lowered his head and looked at the tea leaves floating up and down in his teacup. Illness comes from the mouth and disaster comes from the mouth. Dieting brings no disease but choosing words leads to no disaster. At this time, it was best to speak less.

Xiao Jue looked at Chu Zhao and said: "Fourth young master Chu, what brings you to Jiyang?"

She went straight to the point and didn't say anything else. Chu Zhao lowered his head and smiled before answering: "I came to Jiyang this time because of the Uto."