106-110

Chapter 106

     That night, He Yan's entire body was soaked. When he returned home, he once again fetched water to bathe in his room and changed into dry clothes before stopping. Xiao Jue's cloak was wet. He Yan went to find Shen Muxue to find some pancreatic soap to wash it clean. He tied a rope to a tree outside the door and hung it properly. He planned to give it back to Shen Muxue when it was dry.

It was a bit of a hassle, but the good intentions of the group of Liang Province Guard instructors were not completely wasted. When he woke up the next day, He Yan only felt that his entire body was free of worry. The morning was warm and comfortable.

The hot springs could cure illnesses. It wasn't nonsense.

She quickly climbed out of bed to freshen up and hurried up. When it was time to eat, she saw the people of the Vanguard training their paces on the practice field.

Lei Hou stood at the very front. The Vanguard Battalion and the normal recruits were already differentiated in terms of their clothing. The normal recruits only had two sets of clothing, one red and one black. In spring and summer, they wore unlined clothing. In autumn and winter, there was a thin layer of cotton sewn between the layers. Other than the belt, the clothing didn't have any other adornments. The cut wasn't very fitting. The large clothing would have the sleeves rolled up. For those who were slightly fatter like Hong Shan, the clothing would be stretched taut, as if it would tear apart at any moment.

The people of the Vanguard Battalion wore dark blue riding uniforms. The fabric was much finer than theirs. It also seemed to fit them very well. This group of people were the thousand most outstanding people chosen from the Liang Province Guard. Each of them had an imposing appearance. Standing there, they made people feel intimidated.

Lei Hou was born tall and outstanding. When he wore the riding uniform, it seemed as if it was tailor-made for him. Yesterday, he heard the instructors say that his performance in the Vanguard Battalion was also very outstanding. It was probably because of this that the instructors had him stand at the very front of the line. Thus, he was awe-inspiring and particularly eye-catching.

He Yan was entranced by the sight. Suddenly, Hong Shan walked up behind him. Seeing this scene, he patted his shoulder. "What's wrong? You don't feel good?"

"No," He Yan said. "I just feel that the clothing of the Vanguard Battalion is much better looking than our clothing."

"Not just clothes?" Upon hearing this, Xiao Mai interrupted, "I heard that they eat better than us. They get two more steamed buns and meat porridge every day."

"Alright, stop talking." Hong Shan interrupted Mai Mai's incessant chatter. "Can't you see that your Brother He is annoyed?"

He Yan: "I'm not jealous of him."

"That's right." Xiao Mai was afraid that He Yan would be sad, so she added, "He was defeated by A He Ge. What's so great about him?"

He Yan smiled. Just as he was about to speak, Lei Hou seemed to have noticed their gazes and turned his head. When he saw He Yan, he was startled, but he quickly shifted his gaze and focused on training.

"This kid is pretty wild?" Hong Shan sighed. "Incredible."

He Yan didn't make a sound. He continued to stand in place, watching Lei Hou train for a while. Only when Liang Ping urged them to hurry over did He Yan give up.