36-40

Chapter 36

     The sixth lap, the seventh lap …

When He Yan finished the last lap, he felt as if he had just been fished out of the water.

Xiao Mai ran over and handed him a water bottle. "A He Ge, drink some."

He Yan tilted his head back and gulped down the water.

While he was drinking, Liang Jiaotou walked past him. He looked at him from head to toe, shook his head, and left. His gaze clearly said that He Yan could only be a squad leader.

"Why did you finish?" Hong Shan said, "You're so stubborn. I saw that there were other people who didn't run much. They're smarter than you!"

He Yan was so tired that he didn't want to talk. He only said, "I don't want to be a squad leader."

"What's wrong with being a squad leader? Don't underestimate a squad leader. They might even live longer than us." Hong Shan didn't think much of it.

"I think so too." Xiao Mai looked forward to it. "If I'm a squad leader, I can cook for everyone. I can cook more delicious food!"

He Yan: "… If you want to cook, you should be a chef. You shouldn't be here to join the army."

Xiao Mai looked at Shi Tou with an aggrieved expression. "Big Brother asked me to come."

What kind of people are they? He Yan looked up at the sky and sighed in his heart.

She was so tired that her legs felt like jelly. Hong Shan and Xiao Mai helped her walk forward and sighed. "It's only the first day. How long can you last?"

He Yan thought to himself. I'll last as long as I can.

That day passed in exhaustion. Chief Instructor Shen's face was cold and emotionless. He caught the few soldiers who were lazing around in the afternoon and punished them in front of everyone. They screamed even more miserably than chickens. This was a warning to others. At least during the afternoon training, no one dared to laze around anymore.

Just as He Yan thought, the first half of the month was physical training. It was nothing more than running with weights, standing under the sun, and lining up. Half a month later, they would begin their skill training. Once they had trained for a certain amount of time, they would begin to split up.

He Yan was in the Vanguard Battalion in her previous life. She still wanted to enter the Vanguard Battalion. However, the problem was that with Xiao Jue's training method, she would be eliminated before she reached the Vanguard Battalion. After all, her physical strength was her weakness now.

She thought as she ate the porridge in the bowl.

The porridge was thick rice porridge with all kinds of wild vegetables, fruits, beans, and the like. Half a bucket of rice in the morning and a third of a bucket of millet for dinner. Occasionally, there would be some dough balls. If it was good, there would also be soup pancakes and meat.

However, it was just the beginning. There was only porridge.

It was originally a bland meal, but because he was really too tired today, he already felt hungry. Almost no one spoke at the dining area. Everyone was engrossed in eating.