76-80

Chapter 76

     He Yan held the Mandarin Duck Pot in a daze.

A voice pulled her thoughts back to the present. "You don't know how to use it?"

She raised her head. A young man in a dark blue robe had already sat down on the stool in front of her bed and taken the pot from her hands.

The Mandarin Duck Pot had a secret mechanism. One pot could hold two kinds of wine, and it was an essential tool for poisoning people. He tore off a piece of white cloth and poured out a little bit, then a little bit more. The first thing that flowed out was the medicinal juice, then the medicinal powder. There was a small spoon embedded next to the handle of the pot. Xiao Jue took the spoon and slowly spread the liquid evenly.

When he lowered his eyes to do this, his long eyelashes drooped down. The outline of his face was handsome, and there was a hint of youthful delicateness. It made people feel uneasy, and they didn't know whether they were in the Liang Province Guards or in the Xian Chang Guan thousands of li away.

While He Yan was in a daze, he had already finished applying the ointment on the white cloth and tossed it to He Yan. His tone was extremely cold. "Do it yourself."

"Oh." He Yan had already expected this. She muttered in a small voice, "I didn't expect you to help me."

He heard her and stared at He Yan with a half-smile. "I don't dare delay your chastity."

"It's good that you know." He Yan smiled. "But I still have to thank you, Governor, for giving me such precious medicine."

"There is a shortage of medicine in the Guard Station, unless you want to die," he said.

He Yan looked at him solemnly. "You saved my life. I didn't expect the Governor to be such a protective person."

Xiao Jue sneered. "I don't know what you're talking about." He stood up and left.

He Yan saw that he was really leaving this time. Only then did he lean against the headboard and sigh softly. Xiao Jue's medicine was very effective. It was cool and refreshing, and when he applied it, the pain lessened a lot.

He Yan looked at the pot, his thoughts drifting away.

On that snowy night when he was fourteen, Xiao Jue was not as cold as he was now. At least, when He Yan said "I don't know how to use it," he not only helped open the Mandarin Duck Pot, but also personally applied the medicine for her.

It was very strange. The scene at the time was already very blurry, but now that Xiao Jue was like this, the details that had been forgotten slowly unfolded in front of He Yan's eyes. It was as if it had just happened, unbelievably clear.

She sat on a stone bench in the courtyard. The usually lazy and indifferent young man was surprisingly patient as he applied medicine for her. His face was like a painting........... of his face.......................................... to...

.......................... to...

.. to................. to to the way................... He Yan was young at that time and had no resistance. He was defeated in an instant.