61-65

Chapter 61

     The sharp edge of the blade was right in front of his eyes, and there seemed to be a faint smell of blood. This scene fell into the eyes of the audience, and they all burst into exclamations.

Liang Ping couldn't help but blurt out, "Be careful!"

Saber techniques were different from spear techniques. Spear techniques were more dangerous than crossbow techniques, and saber techniques were more dangerous than spear techniques. If he wasn't careful, he would bleed. Moreover, Huang Xiong was too strong. If he couldn't hold back his saber, he would be in trouble.

This kid was usually careless, but how could he be distracted at a time like this? Liang Ping was anxious. Being distracted during a saber competition was a big taboo!

Huang Xiong saw this opportunity and immediately slashed at He Yan. Seeing that he couldn't dodge and the saber was about to reach his neck, the youth suddenly raised his head and revealed a sly smile.

Oh no, Huang Xiong thought to himself. Just as he was about to withdraw his saber, He Yan's saber in his left hand had already reached his long saber, and the saber in his right hand had already circled behind him. In a panic, Huang Xiong bent his body to avoid, but he saw the youth's smile widen. When he withdrew his hands, both sabers were in his hands. The Mandarin Duck Double Saber slashed at Huang Xiong's head. Huang Xiong wanted to reach out to block, but it was too late.

The blade stopped in front of his forehead, but because of the sharp edge, a small wound appeared on his forehead, and a trace of blood flowed out.

The audience was silent.

After a while, He Yan withdrew his saber from his side, took out a wrinkled handkerchief, and handed it to him, "Thank you for letting me win."

Huang Xiong looked at He Yan's handkerchief, but didn't take it. Instead, he asked, "Just now, you weren't distracted. Was that a trick?"

"All's fair in war." He Yan smiled, "What do you think?"

She had been doing things for so many years, so of course she knew that she couldn't let her guard down at any time. She had to be even more focused during a competition. Just now, even if the Emperor came, she wouldn't have been shaken, let alone Xiao Jue. However, Huang Xiong's swordsmanship was exquisite. She wasn't good at using swords. If she didn't use some tricks, how could she win so easily? It was just a deliberate distraction to lure Huang Xiong into the trap, but it turned out to be the mantis stalking the cicada, unaware of the oriole behind.

Speaking of which, she was quite smart. Xiao Jue probably wouldn't have thought that the person he called "stupid" back then had already learned how to use his wits and wit. Thinking of this, He Yan proudly looked down the stage, wanting to see if Xiao Jue was looking at him with adoration. However, when she looked around, Xiao Jue was nowhere to be seen. Even Shen Han was nowhere to be seen. Only Cheng Lisu was waving at her excitedly, waving his hair band.

He left just like that? He Yan stared blankly.

Then did he see her charm or not?

Before she could figure it out, a large group of people surrounded her with a "whoosh" sound. She had been in the limelight again today. Half of the Liang Province Guards' recruits were completely convinced by her. Her bow, spear, and swordsmanship were all so exquisite. She was like a crane in a flock of chickens. However, half of the people couldn't stand her arrogance. They only said, "Only using schemes and tricks isn't the right way. If you have the ability, fight fair and square. It's because you know you can't beat your opponent that you have to resort to trickery."