116-120

Chapter 116

     "No wonder Xiao Zhongwu and his wife fought for military power before the seventh day of their death. No wonder they didn't even bat an eyelid when sixty thousand people were drowned in the Battle of Guo Valley. In terms of ruthlessness, who in Da Wei can compare to Xiao Huaijin?"

The dungeon was silent for a moment.

Shen Han wanted to say something, but in the end, he didn't say anything. The young man's back was facing the prisoner, and his hands slowly clenched into fists by his side.

But after a moment, they slowly relaxed. He turned around and looked at Lei Hou. He smiled indifferently and said, "It seems that you know what kind of person I am. Then you should think about it more clearly. "He walked out, his voice cold." I never give people a second chance. "

When he reached the door, he happened to see He Yan and Lin Shuanghe standing in the corner. He paused for a moment, then ignored them and left.

No one dared to chase after him.

Shen Han ordered people to lock Lei Hou back in. It was unknown whether it was the conversation with Xiao Jue that made Lei Hou despair or something else, but Lei Hou laughed bitterly. His laughter echoed in the dungeon, eerie and mournful.

Fei Nu walked out. When he saw He Yan and Lin Shuanghe, he was startled and said, "Young Master Lin, why are you here?"

"I wanted to say," He Yan looked inside, "I have fought with Lei Hou before. When the Governor interrogates Lei Hou, I might be able to help, so I came to take a look."

"No need, it's already been solved," Fei Nu replied quickly. "You can go back now."

Lin Shuanghe shrugged. When he saw Xiao Jue's cloak in Fei Nu's hands, he took the initiative to take it and said, "This is Huaijin's clothes. I'll send it to him. I don't think he wants to see anyone right now."

Fei Nu said, "No need to trouble Young Master Lin."

"It's no trouble at all." Lin Shuanghe said, "I was just about to look for him later."

Fei Nu stopped and nodded to Lin Shuanghe, "Thank you, Young Master Lin."

Lin Shuanghe smiled and said to He Yan, "Let's go."

The two of them walked out together.

When they came out, it was already snowing lightly. Now, the snow was even heavier. He Yan was injured, so he walked very slowly. He was still wearing Cheng Lisu's cloak. Although Lin Shuanghe called He Yan "Little Sister" intimately, he had a sense of propriety when it came to interacting with women. It was as if he was deliberately avoiding arousing suspicion. He didn't even lend his arm to help him up.

However, the two of them were not in a hurry, so they walked very slowly.

The snowflakes rustled down and hit them. He Yan thought about what Lei Hou had said in the dungeon. While he was deep in thought, Lin Shuanghe suddenly asked, "Have you heard of the Battle of Guo City's Long Valley?"

He Yan was startled, but he immediately replied, "I have."

The Battle of Guo City's Long Valley was the most important battle when Xiao Jue led the Nan Fu army to quell the chaos of the Southern Barbarians after Xiao Zhongwu's death. At that time, everyone in Da Wei was waiting to see Xiao Jue make a fool of himself. A sixteen-year-old boy leading so many soldiers against a foreign army that even his father couldn't defeat. No matter how they looked at it, he was bound to lose.