16-20

Chapter 16

     He Yan lowered her head as the wind blew the white veil on her face. Beside her, she heard He Yunsheng suck in a breath of cold air. He seemed to mutter in a low voice, "Commander Xiao!"

It was probably because he saw the hero in his heart that he exclaimed in admiration.

"Military Governor Xiao … Why are you here?" Young master Zhao was arrogant in front of He Sui and the others, but in front of Xiao Jue, he was like a dog wagging its tail and begging for mercy. It was disgusting.

"How much did you spend on this horse?" The young man sat on the horse and asked calmly.

"Huh?" Young master Zhao was a little confused, but he still answered honestly, "30 taels of silver."

Xiao Jue's mouth twitched. In the next moment, two silver ingots flew out of the dark green pouch in her hand and landed on the grass. Everyone could see clearly that the thing that hit young master Zhao's wrist was a silver ingot.

"I'll buy your horse." He said.

Young master Zhao's lips trembled, but he couldn't say anything.

He wanted to save his face by killing this ruining beast, but unfortunately, Xiao Huaijin had spoken. He was the second son of a Xiao family! He couldn't afford to offend him. Young master Zhao could only swallow his anger and smile, "Military Governor Xiao, what are you saying? If you want this horse, I'll give it to you."

"No need." He said, "I don't deserve it."

He Yan sighed in relief. Xiao Jue was a general like her, so she couldn't bear to see someone kill a horse in the middle of the street. When this horse met Xiao Jue, it managed to avoid a calamity.

Just as he was thinking about this, He Yunsheng suddenly stepped forward. He looked at Xiao Jue with a face full of admiration and said, "Thank you, General Feng Yun. Saving a horse's life is better than building a seven-storied pagoda! Amazing! "

He Yan was speechless.

Even if He Yunsheng wanted to strike up a conversation with his hero, he shouldn't have said that. How could he say such embarrassing words? He should have said to study more, otherwise he would end up like this. Xiao Jue was laughing at him.

However, Xiao Jue did not say anything sarcastic today. Instead, she turned to look at He Yunsheng. Her clear eyes sparkled like stars as she asked, "Do you like this horse?"

He Yunsheng glanced at it and answered honestly, "I like it."

"It's for you," he said.

"Thank you … Eh?" He Yunsheng was shocked and was about to say something when he saw that Xiao Jue and the yellow-clothed young man had already urged their horses forward. He didn't want to stay here any longer and could only chase after them for a few steps before stopping and looking at their backs disappointedly.

He Yan walked up to him and waved his hand in front of him. "Are you back to your senses?"

He Yunsheng retracted his gaze and turned around. "Where's Zhao?"

"He left long ago." He Yan rolled his eyes, as if he couldn't stand He Yunsheng's silly look. "When you were looking at Second Young Master Xiao."

Even if Young Master Zhao was unwilling, he didn't dare to cause trouble for Xiao Jue. He could only take the money and leave angrily.