The Next Morning

Regina POV

I wake up the next morning in my bed. How did I get into bed? Did I dream up everything that happened last night? God, I hope so. I make my way into the bathroom to brush my teeth and shower. The hot water feels good, I feel relaxed today. After my shower I pick out a black pantsuit, with a red dress shirt, and red bottom heels. As I make my way down the stairs, I start to smell something delightful. Henry must have came in this morning and made breakfast. 

As I make my way into the kitchen, there's a skinny, tall, curly hair blonde at my stove. This I did not expect.

"Good Morning, Gina."

I clear my throat, "Good Morning, Ms. Swan. What are you doing here?"

"Well, I thought you deserved a good breakfast. I made pancakes, eggs, and there's some strawberries to go with. I also made you a cup of coffee."

"Thank you, I wasn't aware you knew how to cook. Glad to see that my kitchen is still intact."

"What can I say, Madam Mayor, I am a woman of many talents."

"Thank you for breakfast, Emma. About last night-"

"Regina, before you continue, what happened last night will stay between us. I know you only opened up because you were drinking, but I meant everything I said. I'm here for you. You will have your happy ending, I will see to it. I promise you, it will all get better."

I want to believe her, I really do. But the cards have been stacked up against me.  I can't blame the universe, I brought this upon myself the minute I chose the path I did and became the Evil Queen. 

"Ms. Swan, I appreciate all you've done, yesterday and today.However, I am fine. What happened yesterday has everything to do with the liquor I quickly consumed and nothing to do with how I truly feel. Now please, let's just forget about it."

"You forget, Madam Mayor, I know when you're not telling the truth. But I'm gonna let it go for now. See ya, Regina. And oh, by the way, you look gorgeous today. *winks* "Glad to see you up and dressed for the day."

I can feel the heat rising to my cheeks as she backs away out of the kitchen and leaving the house. Emma Swan is making me blush. That's new. I do have to admit, I do feel better today. I'll have to find a way to thank her. 

Emma's POV

The night before:

I feel her warm breath blowing softly against my chest as she sleeps in my arms. Her hair smells of sweet apples. Her body fits comfortably up against mine. 

I knew all along, Regina Mills, has been fighting her own internal battles, but I never knew she had this much bottled up in her. She's destined to be great, and her story is only beginning, but she doesn't see it yet. Tomorrow when she gets up, she's going to shut down again, and she's going to want to bury these moments from her memory. 

I hold her tight and pass my finger through her soft hair repeatedly for a while, until I know she's in a deep sleep. I slide out from under her. I watch her for a moment, she looks so peaceful, innocent and beautiful asleep. I put one arm under her neck and my other under her knees and pull her up to me. I take her to her bed and tuck her in so she's comfortable. 

I watch her sleep throughout the night. A few times I heard her whimpering and crying. She's calling out for Robin, she feels guilty that he's dead and not her. She thinks it should have been her. The last call was for me.

"Emma!"

I get startled for moment, she's calling for me. She whispers my name again. This time I climb onto the bed, "I'm here, Gina."

"Don't go."

I thought she was awake, but her eyes aren't opened. I cuddle up close to her, and she grabs on to me.

From then on she sleeps peacefully. 

I didn't get to sleep, so I get out of bed quietly at 6am and go downstairs to make her breakfast. 

*Time jump to leaving Regina's

I'm not sure where this new found courage came from, but she's blushing. She's blushing because of me. 

I already knew she was going to shut down, it'll be up to me now to continue breaking down her barriers.