The Charming's

Regina's POV

"Hi, David. I'm with Emma at the station. Could you please come here immediately."

David: "Is everything alright?"

"Not quite. Could you please hurry."

David: "I'm on my way."

5 minutes later, there's a knock on the station door. I open it, and in comes David.

His eyes are opened wide as he sees the state Emma is in. "What the hell happened here", he says running over to her. 

"I'm fine, David, it's just a cut."

"To hell it is, Emma! If I didn't come back in here, we don't know what he would have done to you."

"Regina, please tell me what the hell happened."

"She hasn't told me yet. All I know is, I came in here and Hook had her up against the wall, and might've cut into her arm with his hook. I want to take her to go get checked out at the hospital, can you take over the rest of her shift."

"Emma, start talking now. Or else, I'm going to kill him" says David.

"He's just mad that I broke things off with him. He was questioning me as to why and thinks it's because of someone else. He kept badgering me to find out who."

"I'm going to find him and I'm locking him up. You two go to the hospital. It looks like you need stitches."

"Leave him alone, Dad. He's not going to do anything else."

"How do you know that? He already hurt you!"

"Regina, just trust me."

"It's not about trusting you, Emma. We can't trust him."

"I agree with Regina, sweetheart. He needs to be locked up. Who knows what else he is capable of."

"He's not capable of anything. He was just heartbroken."

"We know what being heartbroken can lead to, Emma. I think your dad is right."

"I said, no. I'm not pressing any charges. Now can we go?"

"Fine. You two go, I'll watch the station.. And Regina, thank you."

"Of course." We walk to my car. 

The drive to the hospital is quiet. I don't dare say anything about the situation, because I can tell she's still mad about David and I wanting to arrest him. When we get to the hospital, we see Dr. Whale. He takes a good look at her arm, she did have to get 5 stitches. If he cut any deeper she could have been in trouble. 

"Emma!" we hear a voice yell across the hall. 

"Oh no." I roll my eyes.

"Mary Margaret, I'm fine. It's just a small cut. It's no big deal."

"How could Killian do such a thing. I thought he loved you."

"He does, he's just hurt I broke up with him."

I move away from the bed side with the conversation becoming uncomfortable.

"Why did you break up with him? I thought you love him."

"I never did, Mary Margaret. I tried to. It just never felt comfortable. So I broke things off."

"Oh Sweety, I'm sorry." She leans in to hug Emma. "Do you want me to take you home? I can make you something to eat." I take in the scene in front of me. Emma notices me. 

"No, that's okay. Regina's going to actually take me to her place. I'll spend some time with she and Henry."

"Oh." She looks at us confused. I give a half smile. "You two have been hanging out a lot lately."

"Well, we do have a kid together." Emma states. 

"Yes, but I feel like there's more."

Emma looks over at me. I didn't want anyone to know anything. Especially not so soon. Lord knows Mary Margaret is incapable of keeping a secret. However, being that Hook is going to pose a problem, maybe they should know. She'll be safer with me. I walk over to Emma's side and I hold her hand. Mary has a blank look on her face. As if she's contemplating what to say next. 

"We're together. And I know what you're going to say, but I love Regina."

"And what was I going to say?"

"This can't be. You guys are sworn enemies. She's tried to kill you forever. Blah blah blah. I don't really care."

"That's not what I was going to say at all actually. And we haven't been enemies for years now, Emma."

That took me by surprise. I raise my brow in anticipation of what she's going to say next. 

"I was going to say, It's about time."

"What?" I say in shock.

"There's been something between you both for as long as you both have known each other. I didn't pick up on it until we were all in Neverland together. I've had a long time to make peace with you two being a possibility."

"Soo.. You're not mad?" Emma asks quietly. 

"Not at all, Honey. In fact. I'm very happy you both have each other. Regina fiercely protects the people and things she loves. She has a lot of love to give." She smiling as she says this, and her mind goes elsewhere for a second."

"Thank you, Snow." I say, and it brings her back. 

"You've come a long way, Regina. My father and I, we took a lot away from you. I'm glad that a member of my family is able to bring you some happiness after all of it."

"She does make me happy. And Snow, I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry for everything I put you and Charming through. I'm sorry I took so much away from you all."

She steps closer to me and engulfs me in a hug. "It's all water under the bridge."

It takes me a second, but I do hug her back. For just a moment, I feel like I'm hugging young Snow, from when I saved her. I couldn't help but notice the smile on Emma's face too. I'm sure this is turning her day around.