Suspicious

Emma and Regina spend the next day with their boys to finish up the final touches on Roland's room. He can't help the excitement he feels of having his own room, lavished with all of his desires and being a part of a family where he has another sibling. Of course, he has his little sister Robyn, but she's too small and they have nothing in common. He loves and admires Henry. Henry's always wanted a little brother, and Roland is young but still old enough to play sports and video games with. 

Regina's heart grew 5 sizes with how her little family is coming along. All that's missing now is for her and Emma to officially be married and hopefully soon enough bring a child into this world that is theirs. 

"Emma? Sweetheart, are you awake?"

"Well I am now. What's up?"

"I want you to be mine."

"I am yours."

"Officially. I want us to get married soon."

"I thought we were going to take some time to plan our big wedding."

"I had a big wedding the first time. I think something small and intimate would be perfect for us."

"You know my parents are going to want us to have a royal wedding. After all, you are a Queen."

"What if I can plan it quickly. What do you think?"

Emma kisses Regina's lips sweetly and pulls back. "I think.. That would be perfect, babe. We're already practically married without that piece of paper symbolizing it."

"Ever since you told me about your dream, and we brought Roland home with us, I just can't stop thinking about our future together. I'm ready for everything with you."

"How about we go tell my parents when we wake up, that we want to be married sooner, rather than later?"

"I bet Snow is going to have a field day, wanting to take over the planning."

"I wouldn't bet against you. I love you, Gina."

"I love you, too, my Swan."

- The Next Morning -

Emma stops in at Granny's to get a cup of coffee before heading into work. As she's walking back to her car, she feels like someone's watching her, but she doesn't see anyone around. She gets into her car and drives off to the station, taking the time to peak through all her mirrors to see if she notices anyone near or following her. When she gets to the office, she tells David he can go home now, and she'll take over.

"Call me if anything happens, Emma."

"I will, Dad. Thank you."

Emma looks at the pile up of paperwork that she has to complete for Regina before the end of the day. She's now regretting taking off the days that she did. The next time she looks up at the clock, it's already 2pm, so she decides to go pick up lunch and surprise her beautiful fiancé. When she leaves the office, she has a feeling again that someone's watching her, but she doesn't see anyone around, nor does she notice any shadows. She cautiously walks to her car and turns on the lock on immediately after getting in. She picks up lunch, and heads over to the Mayor's office. 

"Hellooooo, Madam Mayor", she says excitedly and slyly winks at her. "I come bearing rabbit food and a root beer for lunch. Thought you could use a break."

"You truly are my Savior."

"Rough day?"

"If only you knew."

"I'm sure I can imagine. I have a stack of paperwork for you that's as tall as me."

"I am still expecting that by the end of the day, bribing me with lunch won't shift the deadline, Ms. Swan."

"Well, there goes that plan. I guess I'll head back." She says with a grin. She kisses Regina's forehead softly before taking out their food and placing it in front of them. 

"I thought you were eating rabbit food, too."

"Oh god, no. Granny's grilled cheese was calling my name. I couldn't disappoint."

"You're a child."

"This child, loves you."

"Somehow, I've fallen to love you, too."

"I won't ever get tired of hearing that. Hey, so have you noticed anything weird today, or felt a little off?"

"No, why?"

"Nothing. Just wondering."

"Emma, no one just wonders about these things. What's going on?"

"It's probably just my imagination. It's no big deal."

"If it's not a big deal, then just say what's on your mind."

"Bossy, sheesh. Well, when I left Granny's this morning before going to work, I had this weird feeling like someone was watching me. But, I didn't see anyone around. Then, when I was leaving work to get our lunch, I felt it again. When I looked around I didn't see anything out of the ordinary, and there wasn't anyone around either. I'm sure it's probably just in my head."

"I don't think so. Trust your gut, something is off. Have you called, David?"

"No, I didn't want to worry him. Plus, nothing has happened."

"That doesn't mean we should wait for something to happen, Emma. We still don't know where Hook is, what if he's planning something?"

"Then, I will deal with him."

"I don't like this, Emma. Last time, he was..." Regina chokes up. "Last time, he was too close."

"Hey, Baby, he's never going to get that chance, ever." Emma says, pulling Regina into her lap and holding her close to her chest. "I will protect you with my life. I'll kill him before he could even dream about getting close to you, Gina. You, Henry and Roland are my life, I won't let anything happen to any of you" she whispers softly and captures Regina's lips with hers in a tender kiss.

"I trust that you want to, I'm just worried it won't be so easy."

"He won't get close to you. Matter of fact, pack up your stuff. You can come work with me in the office and we leave to go home together."

Regina packs up her work, tells her assistant she can go home, and they make their way to the station.