Labels

Regina's POV 

I can feel my heart pounding quickly, while I try to assess her reaction to everything I'm saying. Her beautiful green eyes look as through she's staring into my soul. She moves in closer to me and pulls me into a hug.

"I love you" she says softly, and kisses my forehead. 

"I love you, too, Em."

"Now that we have that conversation already, what happens now."

"Well, I've never really been in a relationship with anyone, aside from Daniel and Robin. You tell me."

"We go out, we enjoy ourselves. Stay faithful, be honest, plan for the future. We don't have to start planning now. However, do you want our relationship to be public."

"I don't know yet. Not because I'm still figuring out my feelings or anything, but because I don't know if I'm ready to have that kind of attention. I'm still having a hard time since Robin. People still look at me with sad eyes. I haven't checked on Roland, yet. I know this sounds messy, and probably isn't good terms for beginning a relationship, but I do want to be with you. We already discussed that these feelings on both ends haven't appeared out of thin air. They've been growing from the time we met. I know this is good, and what I want. I want to enjoy our bubble. I don't want outside opinions to create an issue. I'm barely managing the attention I get now, outside of my work environment. I understand if you don't feel comfortable with my choice and want to put a pause on this until I'm in a better space."

"Regina, I've waited this long for us to finally be here. I don't want to wait another second to be with you. I can wait on publicizing our relationship, that's not a problem. In the mean time, I want to be here with you, to hold you, kiss you, talk to you. Enjoy every waking moment with you. And of course that included the kid, too" she giggles. 

I lean in and leave a chaste kiss on her lips, "that sounds perfect".

The next day Emma goes into work. I decide to go into the forrest to find the Merry Men and check on Roland. I see him and Will. He's being taught how to hold a bow and arrow. Robin would love this. 

"Roland" I call out. He immediately drops the bow and arrow and comes running to me with his arms wide open. I kneel down to catch him. 

"Gina! I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Honey. I am so sorry I haven't checked in you in so long."

"It's okay. Uncle Will said you were hurt daddy left us. I was too. I didn't want to see anyone. But I did miss you."

"I was hurt and still am. You're such a smart boy. I should have still been there for you though. I can't apologize enough for not being here."

"I forgive you. You're here now."

"You know, if you ever need me, you can always ask Uncle Will to bring you. You can come see me at work, or come to the house. You can spend the night, play games with Henry and I."

"Really Gina? Can I?"

"Of course you can. You are always welcome. We love you and miss you dearly!"

"Can I spend tonight with you and Henry?"

"Henry and I would love that. That's if Uncle Will doesn't mind."

"I think he needed this, Regina. Thank you for coming to get him. I'll pack up some clothes for him."

"Thank you, Will."

On the drive home Roland was excited to tell me about all the things he learned from the Merry Men while living out in the forest. 

We walked into the house. Roland runs straight for the staircase and then stops. "Sorry Gina, no running in the house. May I go upstairs to see Henry in his room."

"You're such a sweet boy, Roland." I kiss his head. "Of course you may. Tell Henry I'll be working on dinner in case you both need anything."

"I love you, Gina."

"I love you too, sweetie."

After I finish cooking, I take a quick shower and get ready for dinner. Once I get downstairs I see the boys watching a scary movie, and a particular blonde watching with them. As I get closer I realized they're watching The Shining. A brilliant idea comes to mind. They're at the part where the boy is riding his bike down the hotel hallway. He comes to stop and the two little girls are talking to him. He now covered his eyes. I creep up slowly to the side of the couch and scream "boo". All of them, including the beautiful blonde scream and popcorn goes flying.

"Mom!"

"Gina!"

"Regina!"

They all yell at me simultaneously. I guess I didn't completely think this through with them having popcorn, but the entertainment was worth it. 

"Mom, how could you?!"

"Firstly young man, you know Roland isn't of age to watch this movie. And you also have terrible nightmares when you watch scary movies. As for you Ms Swan, being that you're the adult here, why did you let them?"

"Hey, they had already started watching before I got here. I figured you let them."

"I'm sure you believed so" I said sarcastically. "Dinner is ready."

"Henry, help me set the table please. Emma could you please bring out the food. Roland, you can settle into your seat honey."

I grab the drinks for everyone and then sit down into my seat.

"Mom, this smells delicious."

"It does smell really yummy, Gina."

"I agree with the boys, Regina. The smells and looks delicious. Thank you for dinner."

"Thank you, all. Go ahead and dig in."

The scene in front of me is beautiful. I love cooking for my tiny humans and the overgrown child. This is the family I have dreamed of.