Failure

Regina's POV:

The boys and I get up early and we made our way to Granny's for breakfast. Henry knew his mother would be there as it's her usual breakfast spot. He convinced me that it would be a good first step into persuading her to join us like old times. 

Low and behold, as we step into Granny's, Emma's sitting at the bar top, and of course Hook is right there with her. Roland runs towards her while Henry and I slowly walk into the diner.

"EMMA!" Roland yells as he barrels into her stomach for a hug. 

"Hey Kid, what's up?"

"Hungry! Want to join Mommy, Me and Henry for breakfast?"

"It's Mommy, Henry and I, Sweetie", I say softly. "Looks like Emma's already has company for breakfast. Let's leave them be and go get a table."

"We don't mind joining, do we, Love?" Killian says. 

"The invitation was extended to Emma, to have breakfast with our family. Not you. Enjoy your breakfast. My boys and I will enjoy ours" I say with a bite in my tone.

"Your family is now mine as well, Love. Tell her, Emma" he says with a smirk.

I glare at him, and then look over to her. She's nervous. She takes an audible gulp before standing up. "We're engaged, Regina."

"Congratulations." I say walking away with the boys. 

"Come on, Gina. Don't be that way" she says sadly. 

"Be what way Ms. Swan. I congratulated you, I hope you both have a happy life together?" I say turning around.

"Why can't we have a nice breakfast together?"

"You may be happy with the Pirate, and that's great. However, it doesn't mean I need to have him around me. I want to have a peaceful breakfast with my family. That just consists of Henry, Roland and you, if you choose. The boys miss you. They miss our family outings and having meals together. Nowadays, you have a big buffoon attached to you every where you go, so they don't get that quality time. It looks like now they won't. How he conned you into marrying him is a mystery to me, but if you're happy, so be it Ms. Swan."

"And now I'm left out?"

"You're not left out, I just have no desire to be around him after everything he has put me through. I tolerate him when we're saving the town, it doesn't mean I need to tolerate him during my personal time."

"We're a package deal now, Regina. He is part of our family."

"Understand this, you marrying him means you have started your own family separate from ours, which consists of the two of you. Our family will always and only ever be the boys, you and myself. Whenever you'd like to spend time with our family, you are welcome, but I'm not extending that courtesy to Hook." 

"Mom" Henry says, softly reprimanding me.

"What, Henry? If Emma wanted to sit and spend time with our family, she's welcome to. But, I shouldn't have to subject myself to the presence of this moron simply because she's choosing to marry him. He and I will never be friends, we will never be family, and I want absolutely nothing to do with him. I tolerate him when it's necessary. Right now, it's not necessary."

"What is your problem?" he spits, trying to get a rise out of me.

"You know what my problem is. Stay the hell away from me."

"Because of your hatred for me, you're going to punish Emma?"

"Swan is not being punished. But, of course, your tiny brain is incapable of comprehension. Emma and I share a family. My boys, will never be yours, married to her or not. You will not be invited to family dinners, breakfasts or anything of the nature that involves or is hosted by me. Emma, is always welcomed." I turn my head to face Henry and Roland, "boys let's go home. I can make us breakfast." With that, I turn around and walk away with the boys following me. Emma calls out for me, but I continue moving forward.