The Queen

Regina wakes up in Emma's arms after a very peaceful sleep that she didn't think she would have so soon. She looks up at Emma smiling because of how in love she is with this woman. Yet she still struggles understanding how Emma could possibly forgive her for everything she's done and not see her as the Evil Queen. 

"The gears in your head are grinding so hard, it woke me up from one of the best sleeps I've had in a long time. So, the faster you tell me what's going on in that head of yours, the faster we can get back to sleep before my sleepiness is gone."

"I'm thinking about you."

"Good things or naughty things?" she says wiggling her eyebrows.

"Down, Swan" Regina says giggling. "I'm thinking about how great you are. Yet, I still can't understand how you can forgive me and not see me as The Evil Queen."

"Like you said, 'Evil isn't born, it's created'. The world was cruel and evil to you. Throughout your whole story, you struggled with pain and depression. You wanted to be good, but the resentment within you just kept building, because there was no light at the end of the tunnel for you. You were in hell, Regina. Married to someone you didn't want to be married to. Losing the ability to have a child. Losing your first real love. The choices you made weren't the best, but they don't make you evil. It makes you human to make poor decisions because of your feelings. Your goal was to gain your happiness and it was masked as revenge. You had every opportunity to kill my mother, but you didn't. You didn't want to. I know you killed many, I'm not oblivious to it, Regina. However, someone who is evil wouldn't feel conflicted. You may not regret your decisions because of where they led you to today, but it all hurts you and that's very clear. You've been trying to make up for it all for years now. You've saved everyone here countless of times, and has willingly sacrificed yourself many times too. You're not The Evil Queen, Regina. You're The Queen. I wouldn't want you to do anything differently either, because this life, with you, right now, is what I want forever. Our little family. If you did anything differently, we wouldn't have this. I wouldn't be who I am, and Henry might not even exist. If it's evil to want this, then I am, too. And honestly, your curse didn't hurt anyone really. It split people up, yes. They lost all their memories, but they were safe. They were living in a new land where they had all necessities needed. They lived a comfortable life for 28 years. The hurt came in after they got their memories back, but everyone adjusted. They found themselves, their partners, and they're living happily."

Regina kisses her softly, and then cuddles into her neck. "You truly are amazing."

"Well, now that all my sleep is gone, what do you feel like doing?"

"How about, I make you some breakfast?"

"I wouldn't be me if I turned down your amazing cooking. Thank you, Gina. Maybe we can stay indoors today. I think we both can use a day of rest to recuperate."

After breakfast, they go sit under the apple tree in the backyard. 

"You know.... It never occurred to me that I don't know your age", Emma says with pure curiosity written all over her face.

"It's impolite to inquire about a woman's age Ms. Swan."

"Oh come on, Gina. It doesn't change anything. I just want to know."

"Nope."

"Come onnnnnn! You know mine."

"Quit being a child."

"Fine", she says disappointed. 

Regina rolls her eyes. "When I met your mother, she was 10 years old. I was 18. That's all you get."

"That is all I need, Grandma Queen", Emma says laughing.

Regina punches her on the shoulder. "That was rude."

"Ouch, you hit me!"

"You deserved it!"

"Cougars are sexy, there's no judgement."

Regina gets up and walks away.

"Ginaaa, I'm sorry", Emma yells chasing after her. She grabs her hand and pulls Regina to her chest. "Hey, I was just kidding. Your real age means nothing, Gina. It doesn't change how helplessly in love I am with you, or how beautiful you are inside and out."

"Physical beauty fades."

"I guess it's a good thing that I'm more infatuated with your heart and soul, huh." Regina just looks at her. "Can I kiss you now?"

"Might as well before you say something else that will land you to sleep on the couch."

Emma picks her up from the back of her thighs, forcing Regina to wrap her legs around her waist, and kisses her deeply. "I'm in love with you, Gina. Every part of you."

"I am in love with you too."

Emma carries her up the stairs and to their bedroom. She lays Regina down on the bed and continues to kiss her, and keeping her arms wrapped tightly around her. After a while they take a break to catch their breaths. 

"Emma.."

"Yes, dear."

"I don't think I'm ready for more than just kissing right now."

"We don't need to do anything, Gina. I just want to continue holding you in my arms. I never want to let go."

"Please never do. I don't think I'd survive if you ever did."

"You won't ever need to worry about that."

Sorry its taken me so long to update.

I went on vacation after I last published and now working two jobs.

I'm ready to start writing more though.

I'll be updating in a few days again :)

Thank you for your support!