The blooming flower- Tsukishima X reader

(i had this request, and just kept procrasinating how to write it so it's finally here... first X reader so bare with. also any other requests please say. i'll do stranget things, scream, haikyuu, death note, the promised neverland, newsies, back to the future, heathers. i've made this story gender neutral by the way so :) i apologise for the poor grammar, i'm not feeling ever so well but still wanted to get this out)

Y/N was a first year just like Hinata, Kageyama, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima.  now they and tsukishima had an odd relationship, they were friends but never acted like it. Y/N had crush on tsukishima ever since middle school, he was everything to them and they were just a friend. god those words were like a stab to the heart. yet you never let it bother you, that was till one day. you were helping with volleyball practice watching his every move, when it caught your attention the way you talked to yamaguchi. normally you'd get annoyed and jealous but you just couldn't. Yamaguchi was such a gentle soul, you couldn't hate him. just yourself for not being enough to get Tsukishima's attention. 

feeling a dryness in your throat you excused yourself to the bathroom, feeling tears prick the corners of your eyes as you held back a cough. you got into the bathrooms and closed the door behind as you locking it, finally allowing yourself to cough. you moved over to the sinks quickly feeling something in your throat as you heaved to get it out, noticing flower petals you picked them up gazing over them and running# you finger along the flimsy items. 

you recognized them to be orchids, flowers that represented many things but one being romance.... love. you took to your phone and googled reading whatever you could about 'coughing up orchid petals' 

you froze and took a moment to process wat you had read 'hanahaki disease' taking a deep breath, you regained your composure and walked back to the gym waiting for practice to finish. 

the time dragged on but it finally finished. you were about to walk off when you heard a person call your name. the voice belonged to tsukishima

"hey i just wanted to check on you, you went to the bathroom for a oddly long time.... it's not like you and you seem paler than usual"

you sighed before deciding to be honest with him waiting for his reaction. 

"this is about what you saw between myself and Tadashi isnt it? it's not like that, i like you as well Y/N. i was helping him because he liked yachi"