4 Away

What the hell was I doing here? Stop it right now! These words I said to myself in my head as my lips slowly opened and I began to taste Roman on my tongue.

I felt his large hands on my hips as he pulled me closer seemingly unconsciously. His fingers dug into my flesh as he got as carried away as I was.

Much too late, I tore myself away from him. Gasping, I took a few steps back to put distance between us. I looked up at him and saw that he looked as confused as I felt.

I quickly wiped my lips with my fingers before turning to Arthur.

"See? There's nothing going on between us. Now go. Before I throw every single box out into the street!" I said, my voice weak.

"Nova-" Roman began, but I quickly cut him off as I watched Arthur, enraged, basically kick his first box out the door.

I was really surprised that there was no smoke coming out of his ears. Furthermore, I was convinced he was about to say something, but the way he looked at Roman told me he was probably afraid of getting his ass kicked. After all, Roman was almost a head taller than him, not to mention more muscular. Way more actually. He had to know he didn't stand a chance in anything physical.

"Not now, Roman. If you want to do something for me, make sure he only takes the boxes. I can't stand to be in the same room with him anymore," I said sharply.

And then I almost ran out of the room. I hurriedly went up the stairs and closed the door to my bedroom. For a few minutes I sat cross-legged in front of the floor-to-ceiling window while trying to breathe deeply. But I couldn't. I pressed a hand to my chest hoping to push away the pressure I was feeling.

I had to get out of here. It was like the walls and the memories were closing in. They were threatening to crush me.

I quickly jumped back to my feet and went into my walk-in closet. I grabbed my suitcase and carry-on. I opened both and immediately started throwing clothes in. T-shirts, tops, blouses, skirts, leggings, jeans, shorts. Bikinis and underwear. Socks and shoes. It was an absolute mess. 

Then I almost ran into the bathroom where I pulled out a toiletry bag from under the vanity and immediately stuffed everything into it that fell into my hands. I zipped it up before grabbing it. I went back into the closet and tossed the bag into the large suitcase before closing those pieces of luggage as well.

I took a deep breath. At the same time, I closed my eyes. What was wrong with me? I had no answer to that question. Determined about the one thing I was sure of, I grabbed the luggage and pulled it behind me into the bedroom. I opened the drawer of my nightstand and took out the papers that were already prepared there.

Then I made my way downstairs. Roman was waiting for me. And it seemed that he was alone.

But I ignored him. I took my purse as well as my keys. Then I went out the door and of course he followed me.

"Shortcake... Talk to me." he said as he watched me turn on the alarm and then lock the door.

"I don't have time to talk. I need to think. And I have the perfect place to do it." I replied a little breathlessly as I loaded my stuff into the car.

"What are you talking about?" he wanted to know.

"I'm going on a honeymoon. You may have fucked up my wedding, but at least I still have this. Bye, Roman." said I as I got into the car.

"Are you fucking serious?" he shouted after me as I started the car and backed out of the driveway.

Away from everything. Away from my unfaithful ex-fiancé. Away from my so-called friend. Away from the feelings and away from the memories. Away from the betrayal that blocked me from making music.