23 One of the most beautiful memories

Novalee POV

I was just cleaning up my studio when suddenly my phone rang. With a big smile I saw that it was the man in my life.

"Hello handsome man. How's it going?" I wanted to know.

"Hi Shortcake... Pretty good. If everything works out I should be with you by midnight. Then we'll have an early start to your birthday." he replied.

"Oh that sounds good. Because I'm sure we won't have much time for it tomorrow. The movers are coming at 9." I laughed.

"God I can't tell you how relieved I'll be when we are all done. Did everything work out with the gym? I'm sorry you had to handle that on your own." said Ro.

"Hey it's no big deal. And yes, everything is in its place. Your preparation paid off. All the work in the house is done. The inspector for the fireplace left 10 minutes ago and now the cleaning crew is still here to clean the floors. I can't tell you how glad I am not to have to do this myself. The workers have spread so much dirt.

They said with their machines it won't take them long to get everything clean and then I just have to put the fireplace out before I go to your place. I'll pour myself a nice glass of wine and soak in the bathtub. After that, I just have to wait for you to get home," I replied.

"That all sounds pretty good to me. I can hardly wait. It all took much longer than I expected. Good thing we can get this move done before Wrestlemania." he said.

"Yeah I know... We could have waited another two weeks, but your stubborn ass really wanted to do it the week before." I laughed.

"Are you blaming me for not being able to wait to live with you, baby girl?" he asked and I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Why, of course not, Mr. Reigns." I laughed.

We talked for a few more minutes until it was time for Ro to get back to work. I myself put the last books away and hung my guitar on the wall before leaving the studio for the day with a satisfied last look.

Bob had informed me shortly before that the house was finished and that they were leaving now. I thanked him, because that meant we had finally made it.

I locked up the building and made my way to the main house. As I got closer, I suddenly saw something through the windows that made me stop and think. Was that... no, it couldn't be... Yes, it was! There were candles lit in the living room.

As I stood on the porch and looked through the glass door I saw something that almost made my heart stop. It was Roman standing in the candlelit room. The fireplace was flickering and in front of it was a picnic blanket spread out with countless pillows.

With my mouth open, I opened the door and went inside. Immediately I heard the soft sounds of piano music.

"Roman... oh my goodness... What are you doing here? I thought you were still in Atlanta..." I said, dumbfounded.

"Oh that... that was just a little distraction. Come here." he replied, reaching out his hand for me.

"What? But.... why?" I asked because my head completely didn't want to understand what was going on.

"Well since we have this beautiful house and are starting our life together tomorrow, I thought it would be quite fitting to kick it up a notch." said Roman as he took my hands in his.

"Nova, my Shortcake. I know we've only officially been a couple for 9 months. But basically we have been all our lives. You've always been there. No matter the ups or downs... You built me up whenever I needed it, you were my support.

I always felt that you were an important part of my life. I have always protected you. But actually you have always been my life, my mate. I love you. I have always loved you and I will always love you. And that's why I ask you.... Here in our new home....

Novalee Emaline Spencer, will you be my wife?" spoke Roman and then went down on one knee at the last words.

He pulled something small out of his pocket and held it in his hand. It was a beautiful diamond ring with a wide floral band. My mouth was hanging open. I hadn't seen this coming. Not one bit.

"I... oh my God! Yes! Of course yes!" I stuttered.

"Thank you, Shortcake!" he said softly, slipping this beautiful ring onto my finger.

He pressed a kiss to the back of my hand before standing up and wrapping me in his arms. Roman spun me around briefly while I squealed joyfully.

Then he set me back on my feet to finally kiss me properly.

"I love you, you crazy man," I said then.

"I love you, too. And now... I've got champagne and pizza. We'll cuddle up in front of the fireplace and wait for your birthday." he replied putting his hand to my neck and looking deep into my eyes.

Roman gave me another long kiss. He had managed, just like that, to bless this new home right away with one of the most beautiful memories you could imagine.

If that wasn't a perfect way to start our life together, I didn't know what was.