16 Not this time

Novalee POV

"I didn't know you talked in your sleep," I said softly.

"Neither did I." Roman laughed.

"It's good to know, though. Maybe I'll have to pry some secrets out of you sometime." I replied jokingly as I rubbed my nose against his.

"Don't you dare. It wouldn't be fair to take advantage of my weakness." he said.

"Fair point. I really do love you, Ro." I replied as I looked deep into his eyes.

"I love you, too. You've always loved me, Shortcake. Just like I've always loved you. Like the momma's said.... We were just too stubborn to admit it to ourselves." Roman then said.

"You've always been more stubborn than me." I teased him.

"Not true." he replied.

"Oh so true." I giggled.

"Careful, baby girl... I won't hesitate to punish you if you get sassy." he said, having that special gleam in his eyes.

"Maybe I wouldn't mind." I whispered as I brought my face closer to his.

"Oh you are so dangerous, Shortcake. You're going to be the death of me." he growled low.

"You're pretty good at it too," I replied before finally pressing my mouth to his.

Roman put his hand on the back of my neck to hold me there. Not that I intended to be anywhere else. Slowly but surely he deepened the kiss. Without pulling away from each other, he lifted me onto his lap. My arms found their way around his neck as we continued to kiss.

After a while, he simply hoisted me up. Then he carried me to the side of the piano where he set me down. Panting, he looked at me now. I saw his defined chest rise and fall. And something about it was incredibly exciting.

I reached for the belt of my bathrobe and opened it. The fabric fell to either side. Immediately I saw Roman's eyes sparkle as he licked his lips.

Now I spread my legs before supporting myself on my elbows. Ro stepped between my legs and leaned over me. Again our lips met. Our tongues fought for dominance as his hand slowly slid between us.

His fingertip came in contact with my clit. And no matter how many times it did so, it still took my breath away. I gasped as I now lay flat on the piano.

Roman on the other hand straightened up. He put both hands on my breasts to massage them sensually and slowly. He pinched my nipples between his fingers. A deep moan escaped me. Very slowly his hands wandered lower and I wondered what he would do next.

I didn't have to wait long for the answer. He lined himself up with my entrance. The tip of his cock brushed through my folds before finding its way into my body in one long movement. Ro gripped my hip. His strong fingers dug into my flesh as he began to move slowly inside me at first. Gradually he withdrew from me, only to thrust agonizingly slowly again.

He enjoyed the sweet agony he was causing me. But at some point, after seemingly endless minutes of teasing, he seemed to lose control. His thrusts were finally getting faster. And harder. His groans reached my ears, multiplying my own pleasure.

He brought his finger back to my clit and rubbed it quickly in circular motions. In this way he pulled me over the edge and I knew that he would come that way too.

*****

"I guess there's no point in going to bed now," he mumbled hours later as we lay together on the fluffy carpet in front of the couch. My fingers lazily stroked his chest.

"It's 8 a.m..... So... not really." I giggled.

But then the doorbell rang unexpectedly. I looked at Roman questioningly.

"Are you expecting someone?" he asked me.

"No...you?" I wanted to know.

He shook his head before I got up and quickly went to the piano and picked up my robe to put it on.

Then I hurried to the door to see who was at my door so early in the morning.

"Flower delivery for Novalee Spencer." said a tired looking guy, handing me a large white box.

"Thanks." I replied, but he had already turned around and was walking down the driveway.

"What is it?" asked Ro as he came up behind me.

"Flowers... Did you send them to me, Ro?" I happily wanted to know, because it wouldn't be the first time he did something cute like that.

"Not this time." he replied, however, as I opened the box.

But what I saw was not only frightening, it was simply disgusting.

They were white roses, just like Ro sent me, but these were wilted and covered in crawling maggots.

It had been a long time since the first letter, but this was clearer. Someone wanted me to understand the message, because inside on the lid was written in what looked like blood....

I am watching you. Always.