32 New Year's Eve

Roman POV

Tired, I took the last steps towards our room and opened the door as quietly as I could. Because I expected that Nova was perhaps already asleep. In the last few weeks she has had trouble sleeping because of heartburn.

And although she was better in the last few days and insisted on accompanying me to work, I could see how tired she still was. That's why I insisted that she rest in our hotel room.

Of course she didn't like that, especially since today was New Year's Eve. But for me it was much more important that she and the baby were doing well. The little someone that had been moving for about a week now. I had to smile when I thought of how I felt it for the first time.

We lay together on the couch while watching a movie. Nova lay with her back nestled against me and I had as always my hand on her belly which had grown quite a bit in the last time. Lazily I painted small patterns on it until I suddenly felt something. First I thought I had only imagined it, but then it was there again. This very gentle nudge. A proud, knowing smile formed on my face.

The only thing missing now was to find out what we were going to have, but the baby didn't seem to want us to know. All it showed us at the last ultrasound was the bum. The doctor had no chance to see anything, no matter how he moved the probe. That meant we had to wait at least four more weeks to find out.

Nova's mom in particular was a little disappointed by this, because actually next week the Gender Reveal Party was supposed to take place. But there was nothing we could do if the main person didn't play along.

Anyway... I quietly pushed open the door and was surprised. Because my wife was by no means already sleeping peacefully. No, instead she pounced on me as soon as I stepped through the door.

"Oh hello my Shortcake." I gasped in surprise as I held her.

"Hi..." she replied the second before her lips were on mine.

Novalee kissed me stormily and gently pressed my back against the door.

"I missed you." she said softly as her hands slowly slid under my shirt.

"Oh believe me... I missed you too." I chuckled.

"Is your shoulder okay? That was a nasty bump..." she then asked.

"I'm fine, Shortcake. Don't worry." I assured her.

"Yeah...I don't believe you...I think you could use a nice back rub right?" she then smirked.

"Well, who am I to turn down a massage from my gorgeous wife," I replied.

"That's what I wanted to hear. Shirt off and lay on your stomach. I'll be right with you." she said before giving my butt a nice squeeze.

I did as she said and laid down. It wasn't long before I heard soft jazz music and my pregnant wife sat down on my butt. I heard her open a bottle of baby oil and spread some on my back. Shortly after that she started to work on my sore muscles

"How's that? Too hard?" she quietly wanted to know.

"No, just right. You know how to spoil your man, baby girl." breathed I softly.

"Oh Ro... I haven't even started yet." she replied and I heard the smirk in her voice.

"Is that so? Well then, I can hardly wait for your next trick," I said.

"Then turn around..." replied Nova.

Carefully, I did as she said. And my god was she a sight to see. She was wearing a matching white lingerie set that made her look like an angel.

"Look at you, Shortcake." I said softly as I sat up and lifted my hands.

I first placed them on her neck and then slowly let them travel down her arms. Finally they slid over her bump down to her thighs. Impatiently, she put her hand on the back of my neck and closed the gap between us.

Her hot breath washed over my face as she licked my lips pleasurably. I quickly deepened this kiss. It wasn't long before our shared breath turned to panting.

Our hands explored each other's bodies until suddenly there was a knock at the door. Nova threw her head back and groaned in frustration.

"Who is it?" she called out loudly.

"It's me, Jimmy. I was wondering if you wanted to watch the fireworks with us?" He exclaimed good-humoredly.

"I'll kill him!" she growled.

"At least he knocked this time." I laughed.

"We're kinda busy." I exclaimed to Jimmy.

"Oh come on. You guys could hook up later. Nono can't get any more pregnant." he laughed out loud.

"And you're about to walk funny!" shouted back Nova and was about to rush to the door, but I held her back.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Jimmy." I quickly replied.

"Okay fine... Enjoy your own.... Fireworks. I hope the rocket goes off well. Oh and next time just use the 'do not disturb' sign, you animals." he chuckled until his voice disappeared into the distance.

"His timing is off the charts." said Nova to me.

"True... but don't let that bother you.... Where were we?" I replied, grabbing her chin to pull her back to me.