20 Christmas time

Novalee POV

I was standing in the kitchen of Roman's house writing a shopping list. I was so engrossed that I did not notice how someone stepped behind me until he put his arms around my waist from behind.

Roman pressed his lips against my neck, causing pleasant goosebumps. I giggled softly as I tilted my head slightly to the side to give his lips more room.

"You look so sexy when you bite your lip while you think." he murmured in my ear.

"Is that so?" I asked softly.

"You bet it is. I'd much rather stay here and just pass the time in a pleasant way than go grocery shopping." he replied, turning me to face him.

"Well my darling boyfriend... You should have thought of that before you invited your boys and their families." I said against his lips as I reached out to him.

"Hmmm... yeah, not my best idea." he replied as his lips moved on mine.

"It's too late now, but I can promise you'll have plenty of time to play tonight when everyone's in bed," I said.

"That doesn't help me one bit right now, Shortcake." he laughed.

"Oh I know... Maybe... if we get back home quickly, you might get lucky after all." I mused.

"Well, let's go then. What about that list? Are we still making quesadillas? And S'mores for dessert?" he wanted to know.

"Yes. We'll put different fillings and plenty of cheese on the table, then everyone can make up their quesadillas the way they like it best. I thought the kids would enjoy that," I replied.

"You wrote down graham crackers and chocolate, but no marshmallows..." said Roman as he looked at the list.

I reached for my coffee cup and took the last sips as he did so. His brow furrowed as he looked at the long list. I had maybe, or rather probably, overdone it a bit, but I wanted there to be something for everyone.

"There's a reason for that... Check the fridge," I replied.

Roman did as I told him and I watched as his eyes first grew wide and then a big grin appeared on his lips.

"You made your own marshmallows?" he asked.

"I did." I laughed at his astonished face.

"Damn, Shortcake... That's really next level. Our kids are going to love you for this." he said completely unexpectedly.

I choked and almost dropped the cup, that's how much I was surprised by his statement. After all, we had never talked about it. Even if we were now already 6 months together. But after the incident and the trial against Arthur 3 months ago, we were even closer than before. If that was even possible.

"Our what now?" I asked, coughing.

"Our children, baby girl... I'm sure we'll have great little munchkins when the time comes." he said with a smirk as he hugged me.

"You're really cute, you know that? And I would love to have babies with you. And you know why?" I replied as I lifted my arms to put them around his neck.

"Why?" he wanted to know.

"Because I love you," I said.

"You're lucky... because I love you too." replied Ro and then gave me a deep kiss.

*****

"Okay guys... We have wheat tortillas and corn tortillas. Shredded chicken and pulled pork. Several different veggies and sauces. Guacamole and sour cream. Salsa... Different kinds of cheeses. Dig in." I said to our guests as we were now all gathered in the kitchen.