Fargo

I sit up in bed and reach for the bedside table where my pills are. Theyre not there. I groan, rubbing my eyes. Thats not my bedside table... Or should I say thats not my bedside table anymore...

I look around.

Im in the asylum.

I cant hold my mouth closed as I scream, backing up to the headboard of the bed.

I need to get out of here... Now.

I practically fall out of the bed and run towards the door. I reach for the handle as something tightens around my legs and I get tripped over, falling flat on my face. I groan, rolling myself over to look at a leather cuff and chain around my leg. It seems to be stuck there... I pull at it anyway but nothing happens.

I need to get out. I need to get out.

I try and stand as close to the door as I can with the restraint and I look through the halls. Desolate. It seems to have been shut down... But theyre still working here anyway. I pull at the chain again in the hopes it snaps off. It doesnt.

It seems abandoned. Theyre working underground, obviously. I start trying to open the door, reaching out as far as I can, but to no avail. I let out a cry of frustration, turning around and walking over to the window.

The window isnt big, just in the corner, about the size of my head. I look out of it. Its just the hills and greenery that surround the asylum. I groan at myself again, but groaning does nothing so I stop. There are no cars... But in the distance there is police tape covering the gates. No one is going to look in here.

The door opens behind me.

"Seven, youve woken I see?" A doctor says. "Im Doctor Fargo."

He wonders over and stops next to me. "Why am I back, cant you take someone else?" I ask.

"You see, we have a long history with you. You have a full list of treatments done daily and the effects. It would be a shame to drop a project so far into it."

He seems quite sly and I frown at him, crossing my arms. He pulls a key from his pocket and kneels down to undo my shackle.

"Right." He states. "Lets go then."

He takes my arm and starts to drag me down the hall. I try and make it hard for him by dragging my feet. I know Im going somewhere anyway, I just want to mess with him.

The halls are almost completely empty. There are only a few rooms full. I only spot three. That means Mikey must be in one too.

"Okay." The doctor says, opening a door and throwing me in. "This should do it."

He forces me to sit down on a wooden contraption and he straps me into the chair.

"We are testing what you can withstand before completely separating from your own body."

I dont reply.

"Any complaints- wait! I dont care."

I have no idea what he is on about. Im too busy trying to push my chest out and look brave.

He secures something around my head so I cant move about before stepping away. "Lets give it a test run."

He shouts something back at someone and I hear him leave out a door.

The room darkens and I start shouting out. What if they dunk me in water. What if I drown... Again?

"Please! Please! Stop!" I start shouting until my face hurts. "Please!"

I gasp for breath and tilt my head up in anticipation. The waters coming the waters coming the-

Suddenly a blinding light comes from in front of me, its a massive screen. Theres no water.

I take gasping breaths, letting my head slack a little. Its a shame my heads stuck like this, I could really do with looking around to calm me down.

The screen flashes images Ive never seen before. Pictures of gore and death. My head is stuck so I cant look away. Animals being skinned. People being shot down in a line. I can feel more tears land on my face. How can they show me this stuff? This is horrific.

I try and close my eyes but the image of a dying dog stings my eyelids.

People just swinging and hanging from trees. I try and focus just on the tree but the body swings in the way.

"What do you want from me!?" I shout out. "Just get these images away. Ill do anything!"

It burns my eyes and a sob is released from my lips. There is no reply.

Bodies... So many bodies. I feel ill looking at it but I know I wont throw up. I convince myself I wont.

After another minute of absolute hell the screen goes black. I let out a sigh of relief, but the screen has images imprinted on them in my mind and I cant stop seeing them.

"How are you feeling?" Doctor Franco asks.

He removes the support from my head and I let it hang. I try to think about happy things. Happy things. Mikey is here. Mikey. About to be tortured too... I hold in a scream.

"Lets go."

He practically lifts me under his arms and carries out the room and I just let him, trying to remove the images from my mind.

"Seven!" Thats Mikeys voice.

I look up and meet his eyes as Im carried past. His smile fades when he sees my face. I can see him try and run, but someone grabs him.

Doctor Franco drops me on my bed and goes to lock the door behind him. I pull my legs up to my chest, registering my pulse. I put my hands to my chest and feel my heart through the canvas of the jumpsuit. Oh, GOD, it pounds. My hands shake and the images just keep coming.

I put my head to my knees and breathe to myself.

I wonder is Mikey okay?

Asylum (Mcr Fic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें