Empty Room

I wake up strapped to a hospital bed. The room is empty except for me and the bed and a drip. I cant see a door to enter the room and it feels like Im not leaving for a while.

I think about yesterday and immediately start crying. Gerard faked it. They all faked it. Im a fake.

Im a fake.

Im a fake.

Im a fa-

"Hello, Seven, how are you feeling?"

I shake my head in my hands.

"You should be happy, you passed."

I shake my head again.

"In a couple of weeks, if you pass overall, you will be stronger than any of us. For now, just try and get there."

I turn to look at the person but they arent there.

Wiping my eyes I rip the drip out my hand. I dont care for it anyway, who cares what its for? I free myself from the straps easily, sitting up.

I wonder around the room and look for some clue to freedom. The walls are a brown material stuck to concrete and the floor is linoleum. There is a handle on the wall and one further up. Ill climb up and escape.

I stand on top of my bed and reach for the latch of the vent. I reach straight up on the first handle and manage to start pulling myself up before passing out.

/////

I wake up strapped to a hospital bed. The room is empty except for me and the bed and a drip.

Wait.

I climb out of bed and pull the drip with me to the wall. I secure the bag under my arm and pull myself up onto the bed.

It takes all my strength to pull myself up onto the edge of the vent. Below me the room seems smaller. I put the bag into my bra, just so its not in the way for now.

The vent doesnt seem to be bigger than a meter each way. I try and forget that as I fully climb in and crawl through.

The only thing on my mind is getting out and escaping. I dont care if I passed some random test, my life is mine and I want out. I guess Ill just have to start again. They lied to me.

I have to stop crawling as my head becomes light and my breathing speeds up. I rest, breathing for a moment and pulling myself together. Theres no time for revenge.

Theres a light part way into the vent and I start to crawl towards it. Maybe I can move state. I heard New Jersey is nice.

Gerard told me that.

My head clangs onto the bottom of the air vent and I hold it there. FUCK.

Im going to stop off if I see Gerard. Its decided.

I keep crawling towards the light, climbing over a few dark room vents. Eventually I can hear voices in the room too.

"Simon, please, it wasnt my fault! It just happened, I cant control my emotions." Its Gerard.

"Gerard, you must be having a laugh. We have clear footage of it happening. Youre pushing us over the edge!"

"Please, just believe me. It worked, didnt it? Shes here now, thats what you want?"

"Yes, but its dangerous, you need to-"

The vent door creaks before giving way and dropping me directly on top of Simon. Its hard to stay quiet as I drop, my mouth letting out a whimper. My hands grasp the edges of the door as I fall, surfing the air. I wince as the door collides with his head but dont have time to mourn his consciousness. I stand quickly and lock the door, before turning around and pushing Gerard against the wall.

"Gerard." I breathe heavily at him.

"You have no weapon, I could over power you easily." Gerard says, a worried look on his face.

I turn and see a butter knife on the table with some bread and spreads. Before I can think I grab the knife and push Gerard against the wall. I show him the knife before leaving it at my side.

"Gerard-" I breathe onto his face. "Gerard."

He looks terrified but I cant start my sentence fast enough.

"You cant tell me this is happening. Ive seen you cracking against this. We had something and you cant deny the look you gave me when I moaned your name."

I run my finger over the blade at my side, my other hand pinning his chest to the wall.

"Theyre making me callous and cruel, Gerard."

I look away for a second, down at the knife

"Theyre making me do all this. I knocked that guy out climbing through the vents, Gerard."

He doesnt say anything. He just stares.

"I might end up killing someone. I know you want to leave too. Take me out of here. You can drop me off outside of the experiment and never see me again if thats what you want. Just... I faced my worst fear to save your life in my mind, save mine?"

I turn away and climb onto a table. I put the blade in the vent before pulling myself up after, struggling as my arms are weak. I put the knife in my pocket and climb further away from my original room.

I pass several rooms, many are dark and empty, two are laboratories and one has someone screaming in it. I end up dropping out of the vent in an empty room at the end. I jog to the door and it opens before I can reach the handle.

Its Ray. Damn.

"Seven, get back here!" He yells.

I take a running sprint through the door and down the halls.

The building is actually pretty decent and looks like there could be a few office buildings off from the hall.

"Seven!" Ray yells, close behind me.

Suddenly someone tackles me from the side, pushing me into a room. I feel the knife in my pocket pierce my leg and the bag in my bra explodes.

I see Ray leaning over, looking down at me on the floor. I feel blood spread, wet on my skin.

Then I blackout.

/////

I wake up strapped to a hospital bed. The room is empty except for me and the bed and a drip... And something weird on my leg.

I stabbed myself, fell on my knife.

I pull at the straps but this time they dont budge.

The door opens and someone enters.

"Please follow me." And it seems like the old days again.

They unstrap me and I stagger after them, feeling uncomfortable on my stabbed leg.

"Where are we going?" I ask, trying to keep up.

"Training." Thats all he says and I barely know what he means.

I follow anyway.