4. Your Inner Evil Stepmom

Tyler
I'm having a very nice peaceful dream about salted caramel ice cream when an air horn wakes me up.

I sit up so fast it feels like I pulled a muscle in my back. My eyes slowly make their way toward the door to find a smug Katie and a smiling Ava.

"What the hell, Kat." I groan.

Ava evilly laughs. "Wakey, wakey, sleepy head."

I roll my eyes and glance to my right to see Derek sitting in his bed staring at his phone.

"Let me guess you were already awake weren't you?"

Derek looks at me with a grin that looks so similar to his sisters. "Yep."

Rolling my eyes, I turn my head to the left to see Wyatt still buried under his covers.

Katie tilts her head. "How come Wyatt's still asleep?"

I feel a mischievous grin spread across my face.
"Wyatt was scared that Derek was going to snore so he slept in earplugs."

Katie's lips slowly quirk up into a small smile as if she was reliving a memory.

I stand up. "Tyler, what are you doing?" Katie snaps.

"Waking up your boyfriend," I respond simply.

I catapult myself into the air and land on top of Wyatt.

He yelps while trying to squirm his way out from under me.

Derek starts laughing and Katie sighs. "What the actual hell!" Wyatt yells.

I roll off him and burst out into uncontrollable laughter. "That was epic."

Wyatt glares at me. "Why did you have to wake me up like that."

"It was better than how your loving girlfriend woke me up."

Wyatt eyes find Katie's and his face changes. "How did she wake you up?"

Katie grins. "An air horn."

———————————————————————

After my beautiful wake-up call, I get dressed and head to the kitchen.

Today we're all going to the beach.

The only person in the kitchen is Ava.

"Nice bathing suit and cover-up. It really brings out your inner evil stepmom."

Ava waves her middle finger around while drinking from a mug.

She's wearing a bathing suit and over it a long white cover-up dress that covers almost every inch of skin. To top it off she's sporting a huge tan sun hat.

She sets her mug down and Derek strolls into the kitchen.

"Der, your girlfriend is being mean," I whine while peeling an orange.

"What did she do?"

"She did a no-no gesture," I say around a bite of orange.

Ava sighs and Derek laughs. "I'm sure you deserved it."

Derek's wearing swim trunks and a wife beater. I'm wearing swim trunks with a tropical button-up unbuttoned.

Showcasing my very muscular chest.

Ha, try to say I have a dad bod now Katie!

Katie skips in and throws a beach bag on the ground. "I would like to thank whoever flushed the toilet while I was in the shower. That rush of cold water was so refreshing."