30: We Weren't That Close Anyway

Katie

Wyatt finds me pacing behind a taco food truck. He simply wraps me in hug. I let out a breath, all my anger melting away.

"Can we leave?"

Wyatt nods and he leads us to his car. "I'm sorry if I embarrassed you," I mumble.

Wyatt glances at me. "Why would you think that?"

I shrug. "I don't know?"

He stops and places both his hands on my shoulders. "You spoke your mind and that's never embarrassing. Actually it was quite hot."

I laugh, but it comes out weak. 

For the past three weeks Tyler's been bringing Olivia around and she's been making little jabs when he's not around. Today I couldn't take it anymore.

Maybe I overreacted, but what's done is done.

That car ride home is silent besides the soft sound of music. The house is pitch black when we walk in.

My dad and Clair are at their wedding venue making sure everything is ready for the wedding in three weeks.

I pull open the refrigerator door and pull out a bowl of grapes. Wyatt grabs a handful and I see Tyler's cars lights up the front yard.

The front door unlocks and he walks in.

Wyatt eyes flick to mine and gives me a small nod.

When Tyler walks in I expect his expression to be apologetic, but it's the opposite. He looks pissed and all my anger raises back to the surface.

————————————————————————
Izzy

The drive to Drews house was silent. Mostly because I drove with my music while my mind went over everything I was going to say to him.

The flock of butterflies is stomach has made me a little nausea, but nothing I can't push through.

I park outside his house and turn off my car. His house is two stories and it looks like the two upstairs bedrooms lights are on.

I hop out of my car and text Drew.

Me: I'm outside your house.

I glance up and the window on the left looks like there is a guy hunched over a desk.

DrewBerry: Why?

Me: Because I need to talk to you!

The figure stands up and walks out of the room.

About two minutes later the front door opens and Drew walks out.

All my confidence leaves when I see him. To be honest there wasn't much confidence to begin with.

"What up, Ig?" Drew asks as he stops in front of me.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I stutter.