23. Stupid, Stupid. The Word Friend is Stupid

Izzy

I wake up a little after six and cannot fall back asleep. So, I decided to get up and get ready.

Amy is still sleeping so I skip out and take a quick shower. Once I finish I come back to my room to find Amy up and getting ready.

"Izzy, what bathing suit are you going to wear?"

Today we are taking the boat out on the lake. Which means I get to see Tyler in a bathing suit.

I'm hoping after our talk last night things won't be as terrible between us.

"Uh, I don't know," I say digging through my bag.

She throws one at me. "Here wear this one."

It's a solid, deep maroon, bikini. The top is triangular and the bottoms are mid-rise, cheeky cut.

As she's in the bathroom I slip it on. "Amy, are my butt cheeks aren't hanging out too much," I ask as soon as she opens the door.

She gives me a once-over. "No, you look hot."

I stand in front of the mirror. "But don't you want to wear this one yourself?"

Amy scoffs from the closet. "Girl my chest is nowhere near big enough to fill that top."

I laugh and Katie opens the door. "Hey Katie, what do you think?" I ask.

She glances at me. "I think that color looks sexy on you."

I smile. Katie is wearing a mossy green top that kind on wraps around with thick straps. I can't see her bottoms because she has on shorts.

Amy comes out and glares at Katie. "Why do you have shorts on? I want to see your bottoms."

Katie places her hands on her hips and glares back. "I feel like I'm walking around in underwear."

We both laugh and Katie sighs as she takes off her shorts. Her bottoms are low waisted and there not as cheeky as mine.

Amy smiles. "I approve."

When she turns around Katie and I share a look. "I don't know why I was worrying about my bottoms Amy is practically wearing a thong," Katie teases.

I laugh and Amy flips Katie off as she pulls on her cover-up.

———

When I come downstairs Clair and Mindy are in the kitchen making sandwiches. "Good morning Iz," Clair says.

I pluck a handful of grapes out of a bowl on the counter. "Morning."

"I love your cover-up," Mindy tells me.

I smile, "thank you."

They continue talking and I migrate to the porch. As I'm leaning against the railing taking in the view I hear make voices.

"How's Tyler holding up?" A voice that sounds like Shaun says.

"I don't know. It's hard to tell with Ty. He hides how he feels with jokes," Mike responds.

"I still can't believe his asshole father decides that he wants a relationship with Tyler now," Mike grumbles.

Shaun laughs. "I take it you're not as thrilled as Clair?"

I don't hear Mike's response because the only thing I can focus on is the fact that Tyler's dad came back into the picture.

Tyler's dad ruined his life and I thought he left. Evidently, he's trying to make amends. And it seems like everyone knows but me.