7. He Freaking Shrugs

Izzy
Today is our last full day at the beach, which has me a little relieved. Being our last day we decided to spend it as a couples day.

Ava and Derek are going on a hike to a waterfall. Katie and Wyatt are shopping, then horseback riding on the beach.

Tyler and I decided to go snorkeling. Which I am now regretting.

We've fought the entire time. We fought over Where to sit in the boat and over where to snorkel at.

It was miserable.

We get home before anyone else. I take a shower and when I finish Tyler is laying on the couch.

I bite the bullet and decided to confront him.
"What is going on with us?"

Tyler stares at me. "I don't know."

I have to bite my tongue to keep from yelling at him. "We have fought more this week than we have in our entire relationship."

Tyler goes back to looking at the ceiling. "I've noticed."

"I'm glad," I utter under my breath.

I move to sit in front of him. "Look Ty, we need to talk."

He gives me a blank look. "Let's talk then."

I hate when he gets like this. He acts like he doesn't care.

I have to take a deep calming breath. "What's wrong?" I ask softly.

"Nothing. I'm not the one being weird," Tyler states.

"I'm being weird?" I exclaim.

"Ever since I met Olivia you've been making problems," Tyler says.

I throw my hands up. "I'm not talking about Olivia."

I thought we were past that but evidently not, I'll come back to that later.

"Then what?" Tyler bites out.

"Us!" I yell.

"We've been so distant lately I feel like we're not even dating," I add.

Tyler shrugs.

He.

Freaking.

Shrugs.

"That doesn't bother you?" My voice comes out shaky. I'm on the verge of losing it.

"I mean we have been bickering a lot," Tyler says crossing his arms.

"And I'm trying to figure out why," I snap.

"Couples go through phases that's it."

That's it. If he wants to be this way then fine. He wants to act like nothing is wrong then so can I.

I stand up and walk out of the room. "Wait Iz," Tyler calls

"I'll be in my room," I yell over my shoulder.

If he wants to talk then he can find me.

———————————————————————
My bedroom door squeaks open. "Hey," Katie says softly.

I sit up. "Hey."

I watch Ava push Katie out of the doorway. "Wanna get ice cream?"

"No boys will be attending," Katie adds.

I smile. "Sure."

"Cream and scopes. Don't you think that's a little cheesy," Katie says.

I laugh as we sit down. "A little."

Ava plops down beside me wincing when her butt hits the seat. Katie gives her a knowing look. "Sunburn?"

Ava licks ice cream off her spoon. "Yep."

We laugh. "I want to know how y'all's dates went?" I ask.

Katie smiles and Ava continues to eat ice
cream.

"Wyatt and I went shopping first. I bought him some clothes and he bought me this bracelet that was way too expensive."

Ava smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Then we went horseback riding on the beach." Katie licks her ice cream and then continues. "It was amazing and so romantic."

I give her a warm smile and fight that twinge of jealousy wanting to come out. In our entire relationship, I've got Tyler on a horse twice.

He's not scared of them. He says it's too much work. Katie's so lucky, Wyatt loves going riding with her. He loves doing anything with her.

Tyler used to but now he never does anything I like to do unless he enjoys doing it too.

I know I can't make him do things he doesn't like all the time but sometimes he should compromise and do something I like.

"Halfway through our hike Derek got stung by a bee and swelled up," Ava says with a small grin.

"We had to walk back to the bus for Benadryl. Then he got so tired we spent the rest of the day on the bus."

"I still had fun even though we didn't get to see the waterfall."

They both look at me and I sigh. "We argued the whole time."

Both their eyes hold pity. "I'm so sorry. Do you want to talk about it?" Katie asks.

"I feel like all we do is fight. The worst part is Tyler doesn't seem to care." I say quietly.

They both remain silent, not knowing what to say.

One thing about dating Tyler is it's hard to talk to Katie about our problems. I want to tell my best friend about my boyfriend troubles, but Tyler just so happens to be one of her best friends and soon-to-be stepbrother.

She would never take sides but it's still awkward. I don't want to bad mouth him and I don't want Katie to see Tyler any differently.

I finish my ice cream. "It's our last day here and I don't want to spend it talking about boys."

Ava smiles and Katie grins. "Unless it's Miles Teller."

"Or Pedro Pascal," I add.

"Or Adam Sandler," Ava says scrapping the last bit of ice cream from her cup.

Katie and I give her a look of disgust. "What?
He's funny so there for he's hot," Ava states.

"I see why you like my brother," Katie mumbles. We all die laughing.

I love my girls.

We end the night by walking around the strip mall watching people. Then we found a small cliff that overlooks the ocean. We threw rocks into said ocean while saying celebrity's we would date or marry.

I didn't let myself think about Tyler anymore that night.

Sorry for the long wait lol.

Today I have a college orientation. Yay! (Not, lol)

I love reading y'all's comments so don't be shy.