33: Traintey Family Reunion

Izzy

Three weeks later. (Take a guess to what their driving too😏)

"I still can't believe you agreed to come," I say to Drew as I change lanes on the interstate.

He gives me a deadpan look. "You begged me to come."

"I did not," I mock gasp.

I did in fact beg him to come with me.

"Ig, you were practically on your knees pleading with me to come," Drew says with an amused smile.

"Fine whatever," I grumble.

I let my mind wander back to a few days ago when I begged him to come.

*Flash back*

I skip into the break room to find Drew scrolling on his phone. "Oh Drewy," I sing.

He glares at me over his phone. "What do you want?"

I clasp my hands infront of me and give him my best attempt at puppy dog eyes. "Will you be my pretend date to Clair's wedding?"

He contplates it for a moment then gives me a dead look. "No."

I move closer to him. "Please, please, please, come with me."

"No, Iggy," he says dryly.

"Everything is paid for. I'll drive my car, and you'll get your own hotel room." I throw my hands up. "It's practically a vacation."

Drew rolls his eyes. "Fine, but the pretend date thing only goes as far as hand holding."

I squeal and squeeze him in a tight hug. "Thank you, Drew."

"Yeah, yeah." Drew mumbles.

*Flashback over*

"I'm going to sleep," Drew's comment draws me from my thoughts.

"Why? We're going to be there in thirty minutes," I reply.

Drew leans his seat back and pulls his hood over his head. "Because the last thrity minutes are always the most stressful because you can never find the place."

I roll my eyes and in about tens minutes soft snores are coming out of him.

———————————————————————-

"We're here, Drewy," I squeal.

He groans and pulls his hood off. "You better not be lying."

I cut off the car and Drew stares at the building infront of us. "So we're staying at a Hampton inn?"

I pat his shoulder. "You'll be fine, princess."

Drew gasps and jumps out the car. "Did you just call me princess?"

I smirk as my trunk opens. "If the boots fit."

Drew matches my smirk. "That's rich coming from little miss gets a one thousand dollar monthly allowance from her father."

I smack him with my purse. "I told you that in confidence," I hiss.

He simply laughs.

Luckily, checking into our rooms was easy. Because if it wasn't I might have went full on Karen on the check in lady.

When the elevator doors open the floor is full of people. All Clair's extended family that I don't know.

Drew hides behind me as we weave through the Traintey family reunion.