37: Rise and Shine BabyCakes

Izzy

"Can I have this?" Drew asks me.

I look over my shoulder to find him holding up a black cropped band t-shirt.

"No, you can not," I snap.

A few seconds go by. "Can I have this one?" He asks again.

I sigh. "No Drew, you can't."

He grunts. "Why not?"

"Because they're from Tyler," I state.

Drew stares at me. "All of these are from Tyler."

He points to the pile of shirts. I nod. "Yep. It sort of started as a joke when we first started dating."

Drew motions for me to continue. "For Christmas, we both accidentally got each other the same one. Then every Christmas, birthday, or anniversary we get one for each other."

Drew laughs. "That's sort of sweet."

I smile. "Yeah, it is."

My phone buzzes with a text from the group chat. I open it and a video of Wyatt and Tyler dancing in Katie's room plays.

In the background, you can hear Ava laughing.

I sigh and put my phone back down. Tomorrow we all leave for college. Hence why Drew wants to steal my clothes.

I'm packing and I thought it would be fun for Drew to help me. Unfortunately, the rest of my friends are at Katie's helping her pack. They invited me over but I decided to spend the evening with Drew.

Drew catches me staring at my bed. "Why don't you go over there Ig?"

I blink. "No, I'm spending the night with you."

Drew gives me a knowing look. "Iggy, she's your best friend."

I frown. "So are you."

Drew chuckles. "Yeah, but you've known her longer."

I throw my last piece of clothing in a box when I get an idea. "Why don't you join me?"

Drew simply stares at me. "I don't know."

I jump up. "Oh Drewy, it will be so fun!"

He rolls his eyes and I scramble to get my things.

On the way there I caught Drew smiling at his phone. "Who has you all smiley?"

He glares at me. "No one."

I grin. "I think it's a certain young man named Caleb."

Drew's face pales and he goes back to looking at his phone.

Caleb is one of Clair's friends' sons who was at the wedding. I may have accidentally pushed Drew into him on the dance floor.

Then I accidentally slipped a piece of paper with Drew's number into Caleb's car's windshield wiper.

I soon found out that Caleb had already got Drew's number.

And ever since they have been texting.

Constantly.

———————————————————————
The next morning
Tyler

I'm having a very nice dream about Katie getting pied in the face when the sound of an air horn has me jumping in the air.

I look around to find a smug Mike glaring at Wyatt's sleeping body. "What the hell dad?" Derek groans.

"Rise and shine babycakes," Mike sings dryly.