11. Did You Throw A Belt At Me

Katie

When I woke up I expected to see Izzy lying beside me but all that's beside me is two pillows and a note.

Last night after Izzy and I talked we watched Marley and me and other sad dog movies. Izzy said it felt nice to cry about something that wasn't Tyler.

Me, on the other hand, bald my eyes out at the end of each one, and I felt no better.

I pick up the note.

Katie, sorry, but when I woke up you were still asleep. Hence why I'm writing the note. Don't worry about me, I'm going home to wallow some more.
Seriously, don't worry. I want to be alone. Thank you for being there for me, but I think Tyler might need you today.

I know, I know you not taking sides but be there for him like you were for me.

Love, Iz

P.S. My eyes were so swollen it looked like I got punched.

For someone who just broke up with their boyfriend she sure seems to care for him still.

If she wants to be alone I'll honor her wishes.

I don't work today so that means I will be stuck at home.

My phone vibrates, and I see I have a text from Wyatt.

Just Wyatt: I called Tyler's work and told them he couldn't make it.

Just Wyatt: You might want to talk to him. He's being... weird.

Me: Uh I don't know what you're talking about Tyler's always weird.

Just Wyatt: 🙄

Me: I'll try to talk to him.

Me: I Love you!

Just Wyatt: And I love you!!

Despite everything a smile spreads across my face.

Man, I must have been a really nice person in my past life to get Wyatt as a boyfriend.

———————————————————————

After I get dressed I head to Tyler and Derek's room. I push open his door, and Tyler's body is spread across his twin bed.

I throw a belt at him, not wanting to go any farther into their nasty room than I have to.

When it hits him he shoots up and I realize he doesn't have a shirt on.

Great. Exactly what every sister wants to see.

I'm sorry, soon-to-be Stepsister.

"What the actual hell, Kat."

He rubs his shoulder where the belt hit him.
"Did you throw a belt at me?"

I grin. "Yeah, Derek's."

The one that has a decent-sized belt buckle attached to it. I'm pretty sure he won it in a bet.

He rolls his eyes and pulls his covers back over him. "Wait Tyler don't go back to sleep."

"And why not?" Tyler says into his pillow.

Think fast, Katie.

"Because I want pancakes," I exclaim.

"Then make them yourself," Tyler mumbles.

"But there not as good as yours," I whine.

"Tough shit."