22. A Beautiful Neck-Aerobics Routine

Izzy
After Amy and I caught up on a year's worth of gossip I called my parents.

After a quick call, I come downstairs to find Katie, Ava, Sage, and Amy talking. Their kitchen is sort of connected to the seating area but the actual living room with a TV is across the hall.

Katie is in the kitchen, Sage is sitting across from her in a chair, and Ava is leaning against the door frame, while Amy is on the couch turned backward to see them over the back.

Ava sees me and gives me a small smile and Katie gives me a grin. "So Amy, what happened to Peter Parker?"

Amy rolls her eyes at Katie's question. "His name was Peter Pincher and we uh... broke up."

Sage doesn't react but continues looking at her phone and Katie smiles. "Why?"

Amy let's put an annoyed breath. "I don't know, it kind of fizzled out and got boring."

I walk over to her couch and she pulls me down beside her. Katie nods. "Seems like something you would say."

Amy scoffs and Katie opens the fridge and gets out a Snapple. Amy gently pushes my shoulders till I'm sitting sideways. She then gently undoes my braid that's been in my hair all day.

"So Katie, Izzy told me about Wyatt," Amy says mischievously.

Katie opens the Snapple and glares at me. "What did she say?"

Amy shrugs. "That will forever remain a secret."

Katie takes a drink and leans against the counter. "Okay, have your secret."

Amy laughs and I sigh. Ever since we were kids Amy and Katie have always been like this. Amy says things to try and agitate Katie and Katie never takes the bait. (Unlike with Tyler.)

Katie is always brutally honest, but with Amy, it's another level. They're always joking back and forth in a way that many would think is mean but they're not.

Sage smiles at her phone as her fingers fly over the keyboard. "What's got you all smiley?" I ask.

Amy pauses the braid. "Her boyfriend."

Katie and I both gasp. "Sage, you have a boyfriend?" Katie asks.

Sage gets a nervous smile and nods.

Katie sits her drink down and takes her hand. "For the love of everything good do not let your brother, my brother, or your cousin know."

Amy scoffs and Katie flashes a grin while Ava sighs. "I'm surprised they didn't scare off Peter Parker," Katie teases.

"I am too," Amy agrees.

"Do you think they talked with Wyatt?" Ava asks Katie.

Amy pauses the braiding of my hair as if it was distracting her from listening. "No, I told them if they tried to scare him they would regret it."

Amy resumes braiding and  I suddenly wonder where the guys are. "Hey, where are the guys?"

Sage glances up from her phone. "Dalton is showing them his new car."

"You mean old car that needs worth and to quote my brother's description, 'a diamond in the rough'," Amy says sarcastically.

I nod and I notice Katie giving Sage a look. "Can we see a picture of your boyfriend?"

I quickly nod and try to stand up but Amy pulls me back down. "I guess, but don't tell Tyler or Dalton," Sage says cautiously.

"Don't tell Tyler what?" Tyler says from the doorway.