18. An Enemies-to-Lovers Love Story 

I know there have been a lot of Izzy chapters but don't worry Tyler's will come.

Izzy
It's been almost a week since I started working and things have gotten better with Drew.

We still fight, but it's more like children arguing and bickering than being mean to each other. I also realized why Katie and Tyler bicker so much. Sometimes Drew will say something and I get this overbearing urge to tease him about it.

Now it's Saturday and Katie has convinced me to join her on a trail ride. I haven't ridden Remi in a while so this will be fun.

My phone buzzes with a text for Katie.

That Bitch: So... I have a favor to ask.

Me: What!?

That Bitch: Wyatt needs my truck to help Ryan move something so I was wondering if you could pick me up.

I slam on my brakes as I'm backing out and stare at my phone. She wants me to come to her house. Where Tyler most likely is.

That Bitch: Tyler is asleep

That Bitch: Or at least he was when I went to the bathroom

Me: Okay

I throw my phone in the passenger seat and drive to Katie's. The past two days I've been doing better and now I'm going to her house that's full of memories.

———————————————————————

When I pull into Katie's driveway I realized she was in fact not lying because I passed Wyatt two minutes ago in her truck.

I park in my normal spot and contemplate whether I should go in or sit in the car. Taking a deep breath I get out of my car and walk inside her house.

Just the smell alone triggers unwanted happy memories. I ignore the onslaught of memories and continue to the kitchen.

I grab an apple and bite straight into it. Suddenly I remember a specific moment from Christmas last year.

Ava and I were baking cookies and the guys and Katie were shoveling the driveway. When they came in Tyler had little tuffs of snow in his hair.

For some reason, it was so cute, especially with his red nose and cheeks. He walked right up to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He leaned his mouth right against my ear and whispered, "You in a Christmas apron is the hotties thing I've seen all day."

After that, there was a lot of kissing then Katie and Wyatt got into a fight with plastic spoons. The best part was getting to cuddle with Tyler in the living room while watching National Lampoon Christmas vacation. Even if Tyler fell asleep with his nose nuzzled against my neck.

The floor creaks and I whip around expecting to find Katie, but I come face to face with Tyler.

Sure Katie, he's still asleep, I think to myself.

"What are you doing here?" Tyler asks in a dry tone.

I turn my body so my eyes can follow him around the kitchen. "Katie and I are going trail riding and she needed me to pick her up."

Tyler opens a cabinet and I notice his hand tighten slightly. "Yeah, but what are you doing here?" He draws.

I force my voice to stay even as I respond. "Katie invited me, I didn't come over voluntarily."