13. It's a Bromance, Sweetie

Tyler

"What the hell is he doing here," I yell.

"Tyler just calm down," my mom says in a calming voice.

I glance at her. "I will not calm down till someone explains what the actual hell is going on."

"Tyler don't yell at your mother," my dad scolds.

I send him the ugliest, most death-threatening glare I can possess.

My father is the person I despise the most on God's green earth. That man ruined my life and I want nothing to do with him.

"Are you dying or something," I say coldly.

"No, I'm not," He responds.

I give him a humorous smile and bite my tongue to keep from mumbling, "Too bad."

"Tyler your father wants to talk to you," my mom says.

I move to the fridge. "Well tough shit, because I don't."

I hear Mike chuckles softly and my dad sighs.
"Look Tyler I've come to apologize."

My hands freeze for a second then I quickly shake my head. "Well, it's a little too late."

Even though my heart wants to hear him out my brain won't allow it. For my entire life, my dad has been a total asshole.

Every other night he would come home drunk and yell at my mom. As I got older he added me to his list of problems in his life that he could only solve by yelling and throwing things. Or at least that's what he thought.

He only hit my mother once, and when he did I fought back.

Which ended with me having two black eyes and my parents going to a marriage retreat for a whole summer.

Finally, he left us and moved to England.
The bad part was that he also left us with barely any money.

My mom sold our house and we moved to a smaller one. Even though money was tight for a while it was better with him gone.

"Please Tyler just hear me out," my father pleads.

I turn around and lean against to counter to eat my sandwich. "Why should I hear you of all people out?" I ask around for a bite of a sandwich.

My dad looks at my mom and she nods slightly. "Because Ty, if I can forgive your father then you can at least try," my mom says with a small smile.

I stare at her for a long time before I find my voice again. "Did you happen to forget all the shit he put us through?"

"No, I didn't," My mom snaps.

I throw my trash away. "Well, I'm not."

Before my mom can respond the front door opens. "Yo Ty-Ty you parked in my spot again," Katie yells from the living room.

I smile. "Whoops my mistake." Dealing with my crappy father will be easier with Katie here.

Katie walks in. "Sure it was."

As soon as she sees my father she stops and a scary look crosses her face. "I guess we just let any kind bullcrap in here now."

I cover my laugh with a cough and Mike sends Katie a glare.

"Hello Katie," my dad says politely.

"Go to hell," Katie throws back.

"Katie Grace do not-," Mike starts to scold, but my mom stops him from finishing by grabbing his hand...