sucker

Celia and James, well, James walked another 3 miles with Celia on his back. They finally found some place. It was a store.

"Thank you, God." James said looking at the sky. Celia smiled and laughed, putting a smile on James' face.

"You're out, I win." Celia said as James walked towards the store. The two got weird looks, but they were kind of in suits. James knew the cops would be called as soon as they found out about a fight an hour before so he figured they'd steal stuff, and then run. He was afraid people would recognize the pair.

The two walked to a place where there was multiple backpacks, and James held one up. It was light pink and could hold a lot.

"Alright, this good?" James asked holding up a pink backpack.

"I don't like the color." Celia said and James frowned and he grabbed the colbat blue one next to it, it was the same thing just a different color. She nodded her head as James ripped tag off of it. The one he took earlier was the same thing in black.

James went to the girls clothing section with Celia. She was far to tall to fit in children's clothing. James grabbed her a pair of gray sweatpants and a dri-fit long sleeve. Along with a pair of underwear. They were the first two things in front of him.

"Ok, Ceily, Doll, I really need you to listen, ok?" James asked as he dropped her from his back. He crouched down in front off her and she stared at him.

"Before we do anything, I need you to go and get that outfit, then change in the bathroom with the sign with with the dress on it, ok?" James asked as he pointed at the bathroom. Celia couldn't exactly read the sign that said "women's", since Hydra didn't teach her anything as far as reading or math.

"Why can't the girl have pants on?" Celia asked and James put a hand to his face. He rubbed his eyes before sighing. He grabbed Celia by the shoulders before telling her what to do.

"It's not important now, ok? Go get changed. Don't leave the bathroom until you hear two knocks on the door, understand?" James asked and Celia nodded her head. She walked to the bathroom with the woman on it and locked the door. Thank god it was a single bathroom with no stalls, or James would be screwed. "When you're done, put your suit in the trash can. And rip those these tags off, ok?" James asked, getting a nod from Celia. "And also if you have to go number one or two go right now." James said as she walked off. He felt stupid saying it, but he didn't want to yell pee or poo or shit or piss in a target.

When James got his own clothes, Celia was getting dressed. Then he grabbed his own clothes, along with a backpack that was left there.

James walked to the men's room, and quickly changed. He sighed as he took the tags off of everything. He trashed his suit, feeling a sudden happiness as he did, maybe even freedom. He also grabbed some toilet paper and stuffed it in his bag. He washed any blood off that he had on him, and then to the women's bathroom.

"Sir, you know that's the women's room, right?" An older woman asked as James was about to knock on the door. James sighed and pointed at the door with his thumb.

"My daughter's in there. Sorry, ma'am." James said and the old lady nodded her head with a smile.

James knocked twice and then the door opened. Celia walked out and the old woman stared at her. Mainly because there was a giant scratch on her forehead. Celia looked away and grabbed James's hand.

"Ready, doll?" James asked and she nodded her head before walking off with him. The old lady looked to be confused as they walked away.

"I've got to clean that cut off." James commented as he traced the clean slice.
James took her by the hand as people didn't even share a glance, so they had some time. Nobody recognized them because they didn't have suits on, but the big scratch in Celia's forehead was worrying many people.

The first thing James grabbed was a first aid kit. He made sure there were no employees around, so he and Celia emptied them and stuffed the medical equipment in their bags, except for things in bottles, they kept those closed. They also grabbed two tooth brushes and tooth paste.

The next thing they grabbed were more clothing, three outfits each. Bucky got three pairs of pants, Celia got one pair of leggings, and two shorts. She had two t-shirts and one sweatshirts, James kept everything long sleeved, and a hoodie. They ripped the tags off once again, then walked away acting as if they weren't stealing. James also got things to entertain Celia, knowing she'd be impatient all of the time.

The last thing was food, James got things that wouldn't rot. So essentially snacks, along with canned fruits, foods that didn't need to be microwaved, and candy.

The last thing he had to do was get a hat. He grabbed his own and put it in his backpack quickly. He took a blue hat and placed it on Celia's head. She was about to rip the tag off, but James stopped her.

"No." He said giving a signal. Celia furrowed her eyebrows taking her hand away from the tag.

"Why?" Celia asked and James put a finger to his lips.

The two walked towards the exit of the store hand in hand once again. When they walked out, an alarm started to go off. They made sure they were fully out of the store so they would have to go back in.

A worker walked over with a smile on his face, trying to be cheerful in front of them. "Hello." The employee said as James turned around. He held Celia's hand as she looked up at the man.

"Hi, sir." James said and the man looked at the alarm.

"It seems our alarm went off as you guys walked out, and it's protocol-"

"Celia, where'd you get that hat?" James asked as Celia played along with it.

"From the section over there." Celia said pointing to the section she was at. James took the hat off of her head to reveal the big cut she had. "I only did it because of the mean lady staring." Celia said, going along with him. It wasn't apart of the plan, but James appreciated it, it helped their case.

"Sir, I am so sorry-"

"No, no, no, this happens a lot, kids take things, it sets the alarm off." The employee said and James nodded his head as the man stared at Celia.

"Is there a problem, sir?" James asked as the male took the tag off. He put the hat on Celia and sighed.

"I've got it, you two have a nice day." He said before walking off. Celia and James turned around, and Celia had a smirk on her face before saying one word.

"Sucker."