her jacket

Being alone was boring. It was getting later, and Bucky wasn't home. He did have a near 10 hour flight, so it was explainable. Though he wasn't home, he was messaging Cecelia, making sure everything was ok. Cecelia told him everything and he was happy for her, but he wished he was there.

So, Cecelia walked outside. She took her ice pack off and walked to the subway. She was gonna go visit someone very important to her.

Steve.

Sam often joked that Steve was watching everyone on the moon. But in reality, he was in a retirement home in Baltimore, Cecelia and Bucky lived in D.C. Cecelia took a train to him.

It was nearing 7 P.M. by the time she got there, and Bucky still had 9 hours left on his flight. So, Cecelia would be able to get there and home within that time.

Cecelia's earbuds rested in her ears as she walked into the home. When she walked in, she saw a bunch of old people playing chess, reading, talking, or doing something.

Cecelia walked to the front desk and took out her earbuds, her music stopping as they were stuffed into her pocket, probably getting knotted together in the process.

She saw the very kind lady sitting there and she put on a smile. "Um, I'm looking for Steve Rogers." Cecelia said and the lady nodded her head, still smiling. She nodded as she typed in his name.

"He's been asking for his Cecelia." She laughed out making Cecelia smile.

"Good thing I'm here then." Cecelia nodded as she placed her hands on the counter. She stood up and looked at Cecelia before telling her something.

"I am going to get you a visitors pass, and then I will escort you to his room." She said, Cecelia once again nodded before taking a deep breath. Her fingers drummed on the counter as she waited there.

"Oh, your so pretty." Said old ladies as they walked up to Cecelia. Cecelia sighed, that was the worst part of retirement homes. Idk ladies come up to you, kiss your cheeks, ask if you'll date their grandson. Then ask if you have a boy at home, but the plus side was is that they always give you fresh cookies to take home.

"Thank you." Cecelia said as a red lipstick mark went on her cheek bone. She grew uncomfortable as she stood there. She knew they wouldn't hurt her, she just felt all uncomfortable about it.

A moment later she came back out with a lanyard with a card at the bottom. The card read VISITOR just so people know it's not some person not supposed to be there. Cecelia sighed of relief as she walked over with the lanyard.

"Thank you." Cecelia said as the desk lady handed it ti her.

"I have some cookies for you, so make sure you come visit me before you leave, missy." said an old lady as she grabbed Cecelia's wrist. Cecelia nodded as she felt a pain run through her shoulder.

"I definitely will." She winced before she let go. Cecelia quickly followed behind the desk lady and placed her hands into her pockets.

"They're all crazy about you." said the desk lady, Cecelia nodded her head. "When you visit, they're all "oh gotta make cookies." She said and Cecelia chuckled.

"It's appreciated." Cecelia nodded as they walked to Steve's room. Steve often didn't talk to the others, he isolated himself a lot.

The desk lady knocked on the door, and heard a "Come in." from an old Steve. Cecelia took a deep breath before the door opened.

She didn't like seeing Steve so old and helpless, because he was always the one helping her. Now it was the other way around. She didn't like how it happened writhing a couple seconds, Steve becoming so old. But he did deserve it, all of his happiness back then, he deserved it. Because he saved a lot of people, but no one ever thought to save him.