steady

"No groceries?" Melissa asked, opening their refrigerator. Cecelia was leaning on the counter with her hands shoved in her pocket.

"Bucky's out grocery shopping now, so." Cecelia told her, Melissa nodded her head as she walked away from the kitchen.

"So, how are the nightmares?" Melissa asked. Cecelia stayed facing forward. She shook her head. Cecelia had to stay with her social worker one night, and she woke up. Melissa came running in, and she started to stress her out more by trying to be controlling over everything. Cecelia ended up running to the bathroom. She stayed in there trying to get Bucky on the phone, repeating "Get me the fuck out of here" in Russian.

"Don't have 'em." Cecelia lied as Melissa walked into her bedroom. Her door had a big blue C hanging on the front of it, like the one at the compound. Steve and Nat made one like it for her, but it got destroyed, so she got a brand new one with Bucky.

"Mhm." Melissa said as she looked at Cecelia's made bed. She ran her hand on it and Cecelia rubbed her hands against her legs. She hated it when she would touch her stuff.

"So, why didn't you go to the store with James, Cecelia?" Melissa asked, Cecelia shrugged her shoulders.

"Didn't feel like it." Cecelia said as she rubbed her eye.  Melissa continued to walk around the apartment as Cecelia tried to not stress out over it.

"Celia-"

Cecelia looked at her, shocked. What had she just called her. "Cecelia." She corrected feeling her hands get clammy. She wiped them off of her leggings as she uncomfortably shifted.

"Just a nickname." Melissa said a small laugh coming after she said that. Cecelia let out a deep sigh.

"Just don't..." Cecelia trailed off, hoping Bucky would be home soon.

"Alright." She said as Cecelia cracked her knuckles. Cecelia leaned onto the counter again trying to shake her uncomfortable feeling. She grabbed her phone out and texted Bucky.

Ceil❤️
please get home
now. she keeps touching
my shit and
she just called me Celia.

Buck💗
will be right there
got groceries as
well if it matters

Cecelia put her phone down as she hit her nail. She tapped her foot, and waited for Bucky for what felt like hours. She breathed shakily.

Melissa knew her real name was Celia. It was on her birth certificate and everything. Melissa knew it. She tested Cecelia's reaction, and it wasn't good.

Now Cecelia was trying to cool off from what she'd caused. She wished she went to lunch with Bucky, and said do the check in another time. But no, she came to get it over with. Bucky wasn't there and she was alone.

"How's homeschooling?" Melissa asked, Cecelia nodded her head. She had a few books on the counter tops for math and reading. She was homeschooled, she just did online stuff.

"It's good." Cecelia said, crossing one ankle over the other. Her hands gripped the counter as she stared at her white converse sneakers. She liked keeping her shoes clean, she liked everything clean for some reason. So her shoes were still a clean white, satisfying the girl.

"I saw your books in your room, seems like you study hard." Melissa said, Cecelia nodded her head yes as she stared at the door. She took her jacket off, as she was beginning to get hotter by the second. Cecelia walked over to a chair and put it on the back.

"How's therapy? You like Doctor Raynor? I heard she's excellent." Melissa said, Cecelia held back a scoff. Instead, a smirk grew on her face. All Raynor did was remind Cecelia of everything wrong with her. Honestly, she hadn't helped Cecelia in any shape or form.

"She's cool." Cecelia commented, she heard her door unlock and she sighed of relief. She watched Bucky open the door he held a bunch of bags on his metal arm, and some of them in his hand.

"Thank you." Cecelia mouthed as Bucky saw Melissa. He gave a fake smiled as he walked up to the counter.

"Hi, Cecelia mentioned you were coming over. Sorry, I had to grab some groceries." Bucky said, trying to act like a presentable man to this woman. He didn't want Cecelia to be taken from him, so he made himself look happier than he actually was.

"Oh, no worries, James." Melissa said as James put the groceries on the counter. Cecelia stood next to him, helping him get the groceries off of his arms. "Just making sure everything is ok here!" She exclaimed, a smiling growing on her face. Cecelia grabbed a jug of milk and put it into the refrigerator.

"Oh, yeah. Everything is great." Bucky said, nodding his head. Melissa sighed, placing her hands on her hips. She looked around, her head practically on a swivel.

"Well, Cecelia, keep in touch." Melissa said as Cecelia looked up at Bucky. Melissa walked to the door as Cecelia rolled her eyes. "I'll see myself out." Melissa said as Cecelia turned around.

"Yeah." Cecelia said as Melissa opened the door for herself. She waved before walking out. Cecelia walked over to the door and locked it. Cecelia checked the peep hole to see her still staring at the door. Cecelia rolled her eyes before walking away.

"не говори ничего плохого, она все еще у двери." (don't say anything bad, she's still at the door) Cecelia said as Bucky rolled his eyes. He put cereal into the cabinet as he responded to her.

"Я не понимаю, почему она не может оставить нас в покое." (I'm not understanding of why she can't leave us alone) Bucky answered as Cecelia nodded her head in agreement. Cecelia and him loaded the groceries into the kitchen, Cecelia making sure it was organized.

Cecelia walked back over to the door, checking the peep hole and seeing that she was gone.
"She's gone." Cecelia said, switching back to English. She took her sneakers off and placed them near the door. Bucky laughed, shaking his head.

"She doesn't like me." He commented, Cecelia nodded in agreement.

"I was adopted like, 6 months ago why does she keep creeping around?" Cecelia asked as she sat down on the couch. She leaned into it, crossing her legs.

"Because she has to make sure you're in a safe home environment, Cecelia." Bucky mocked her, Cecelia turned her head. A smirk grew on her face, seeing Bucky in the kitchen, whipping something up.

"Oh, I never used that 20." Cecelia said as she reached into her pocket. She show him the neatly folded bill and Bucky nodded his head.

"Just put it on the coffee table." He said, Cecelia reached over and put it on the table. "I'm going out tonight." Bucky said, making Cecelia look up. She furrowed her eyebrows as she stared at him, in shock.

"Wow." She said, Bucky furrowed his eyebrows, making an expression like Cecelia.

"Well, don't act all surprised." Bucky said, Cecelia put her hands up in defense. She was surprised, but she chose to hide it.

"After the whole online dating thing I thought you gave up." Cecelia concluded, Bucky looked at her. His eyes rolled once again at her smart ass.

"I can go steady just like I did in the 40s." Bucky said, Steve used to say that to Natasha. Cecelia would end up rolling her eyes and smiling at that, it was so stupid. Cecelia started to laugh, shaking her head.

"Never say that again, Buck."

a/n:

heyyyy