out of the way

A loud siren was heard as Cecelia, Sam, and Bucky walked out of the station. Cecelia's eyes were slightly red and puffy as she walked out with them. Bucky's arm was around her and Sam would put his hand on her shoulder from time to time.

"Fuck off." Cecelia said knowing it was Walker. She heard his stupid, annoying voice trying to get their attention.

"Gentlemen, and of course, Cecelia." He said as they walked off. "Good to see you again." He said as they started to walk past him.

"Look, if we divide ourselves, we don't stand a chance, you guys know that." He said as Bucky placed his hand on the car John was leaning on. He would hear him out for a couple of minutes, or seconds. As long as he could tolerate the stupid guy.

"So what do you got?" Sam asked him, his head tilting to the side.

"Well, the leader's name is Karli Morgenthau. We've been targeting civilians who've been helping Karli move from place to place." John said, making the image of the girl from yesterday flash into Cecelia's head.

That's red head with the curly hair and freckled face. Her chocolate brown eyes staring into Cecelia's.

Karli.

Cecelia looked back down at her shoes that used to be whiter than they were now.

"They geotagged a location, then scrambled the signal. But our satellites have found their signal popping up in various displaced communities all across Central and Eastern Europe." Lamar told them. He was sitting on the car in front of them, explaining it.

"We think she'd taking the medicine she just stole to one of these camps."

"Well, there are hundreds of those all over the planet since The Blip. So I guess you'll have to look real hard." Bucky told him, John looked over at him. He had a whole cocky remark prepared for him.

"Good thing I have 20/20 vision, huh?" He joked with him, Cecelia scoffed. She shook her head before finally speaking up.

"Where is she now, Waller? Do you know?" Cecelia asked him, John looked at her. His voice rose as he spoke at her.

"No, we don't know, Cecelia. But, it's only a matter of time before we find out." He said, Bucky looked at Cecelia. Her slightly red eyes stared at John as he grew agitated.

"Things are really intense for you, aren't they, Walker?" Bucky asked him.

"Take it easy. Look, Walker's right. It is imperative that we find them and stop them. But you guys have rules of engagement and all kind of authorizations you have to get. We're free agents. We're more flexible. So it wouldn't make sense for us to work with you." Sam said, Bucky's hand went on Cecelia's back as he guided her away. The three walked away from them, Cecelia slightly leaning into Bucky as they walked off.

"A word of advice, then. Stay the hell out of my way." John said, Cecelia laughed. Bucky slightly pinched her as she shook her head.

"I'm sorry, it's just that he honestly thinks he's some tough guy." Cecelia said, shaking her head. Bucky smirked as they walked off.

The three walked down the sidewalk further away from John and Lamar. Sam turning his head to make sure they hadn't followed again.

"So, what do you think?" Sam asked him as he turned back around.

"Well, I know what we have to do. When Isaiah said "my people"-" Bucky said, Sam cut him off. Cecelia furrowed her eyebrows as she looked up at him confused.

"Oh, don't take that to heart. That's not what he meant."

"No, he meant HYDRA. HYDRA used to be our-my people." Bucky told Sam, making him scoff.

"What does your symbol have?"

"It's not my symbol." Cecelia said, getting ready to shoot him then and there. Natasha felt horrible. She didn't want Cecelia to meet the creator of the organization that made her the way she was. The bad person, the now pained little girl.

"It always will be, little one. Once you're in Hydra, you cannot escape it. Once you're a murderer, your always a murderer." He said, Cecelia looked down. Her grip was no longer tight, she lowered her gun as he hit her weak spot.

Cecelia thought of the moment when the Red Skull told that to her. HYDRA was her symbol, her people, her group. HYDRA was home. HYDRA we're her creators.

"Not a chance." Sam said, breaking Cecelia to the unfortunate thoughts she had in her head.

"Walker doesn't have any leads." Bucky said an idea coming into his brain. It was not good one. Sam didn't approve of it, not one bit.

"I know where you're going with this, no."

"He knows all of HYDRA's secrets. Don't you remember Siberia?" Bucky said, Cecelia looked up at him. She shook her head no.

"No, we're not going to see him." Cecelia said, Zemo popping into her head.

"So you're just gonna go sit in a room with this guy?"

Bucky hesitated before responding to him.

"Yes." He said, then hearing silence. Only their footsteps walking on the pavement was heard. Cecelia cracked her knuckles as she remembered Zemo, and all of the hell he put her and Bucky through. They were peaceful at that apartment, and he took it all away from them. All because he wanted to see an empire fall. He was sick.

"What about you, little one?" Zemo asked, Cecelia brought her fists up. She let out a shaky breath.

Cecelia stared at the ground as they walked. She bit the inside of her lip as she stared down. She didn't feel good about seeing him.

"Okay, then." Sam said, slightly slowing down. Bucky stopped walking, as did he, and he lightly took Cecelia back next to him. Cecelia looked at Sam, praying he wouldn't agree to it. She didn't have a good feeling about Baron Zemo.

But, she did have an amend to make.

"We're gonna go see Zemo."

a/n:

hey guys sorry this is bad i just feel bad for not updating. i just haven't been having a good couple of days. Recently my dog died so it's been a little rough. Sorry i haven't updated.