the great escape pt.2

"Can I ask you something?" Bucky asked as they walked down the street. The two had gone on a walk, just to have a talk.

"What's up?" Cecelia asked him, Bucky looked down at her. He was going to ask a very personal question that would turn into a personal conversation.

"Why were you with Karli?" Bucky asked, Cecelia stood there, stopping the two. She sighed. She didn't know how to answer him.

"She asked me to be there." She answered, and Bucky nodded his head.

"Why?" He asked, Cecelia shrugged her shoulders.

"I, uh, I don't know." Cecelia said, scratching the back of her neck. She couldn't look Bucky in the eye right there.
"I went with her without the intent to hurt her, and we just..." Cecelia said and Bucky nodded his head.

"You like her?" Bucky asked, Cecelia looked up at him. She didn't know how to answer.

"What do you mean?" Cecelia asked him,, knowing what he meant.

"Would you date her, are you two steady?" Bucky asked her and Cecelia shrugged her shoulders.

"Listen, I don't even know what steady means, but if it means dating, then I mean...I guess, I don't know." Cecelia said as she looked away from him.

"Yeah, that's what it means." Bucky sighed, he raked his hand through his hair before taking Cecelia by her shoulders. He looked down at her, and she looked up. "If she didn't kill a bunch of people, I'd be alright with it, but...I don't know, Ceil." He said, Cecelia nodded her head.

"I know, I know, I just...I know what Sam means now. Her intentions are good, it's just that the way she's doing it all is just..." Cecelia trailed off, Bucky nodded his head.

He wasn't mad or anything. Maybe he was confused on the whole girl dating girl thing. In the 40's, it was wrong. You couldn't like someone the same gender as you, but it was a different time now. He was just very confused, in a way. He was all for Cecelia's happiness, and he supported her, but he didn't know if it was right or not. But why would he care? As long as Cecelia was happy.

"It's not because she's a girl, and I want you to know that."

"I know, Bucky." Cecelia said and he nodded his head. He kissed her on the forehead and pulled her into a hug.

"I love you, doll."

"I love you to." Cecelia said as she held onto him. He sighed as he held her tightly.

"Please don't run off like that again."

"Mhm."

-

"Something's not right about Walker." Bucky said as he walked through the door. Cecelia was with him as he did so. Bucky took his jacket off and tossed it onto the counter.

"You don't say." Sam said making Cecelia laugh. Cecelia sat down at the counter, her mind on one thing.

Karli.

Was she alive?
Was she safe?
Did she know that Cecelia was alive?

Cecelia could barely function when that was all her mind was thinking about. "Well, I know a crazy when I see one. Because I am crazy." Bucky said as he walked over to get a drink. He grabbed a bottle of whisky and a glass.

"Yeah, but your not his kind of crazy." Cecelia said and Sam looked over at them.

"Can't argue with that." Sam said as Bucky poured the whisky.

"Shouldn't have given him the shield." Bucky said, making Sam get up from his seat. He turned around to look at them. He saw Cecelia being jittery, and Bucky looking aggravated.