You're the one I want at the end of the day.

· • ❝〔 c h a p t e r   t w o  〕❞ • ·

"You did what?" Ricky laughs, turning around on the bed to face his soulmate

"I was like 6 years old!" The girl defends herself.

"6 year old you stole a stuffed animal from another kid?" He raises his eyebrow.

The girl turns around and grabs a stuffed animal from behind her pillow. "Look how cute it is though!"

His eyes widden slightly. "You still have it?"

She clutches the frog stuffed animal in her hands. "I sleep with him everynight."

"Him?" He raises his eyebrow. "It's a him?"

She glares at him. "Yes he is a him. Don't call Sushi an 'it'."

"Sushi?" He laughs. "You named the frog Sushi?"

"The kid I stole it from called him Steve, It seemed boring. Plus I really liked Sushi at the time." She shrugs her shoulders.

"God, you are adorable." He deeply sighs.

She furrows her eyebrows. "You think it is adorable that I stole a kids stuffed animal?"

He shakes his head. "No, that's just maniac. I think it is adorable how passionate you are about that frog. A litteral stuffed animal!"

She shrugs her shoulders. "How can you not? Look how cute he is!" She pushes the frog into his face.

Ricky leans back slightly away from the toy. "Sure, El."

She gasps dramatically. "You don't think he's cute? You don't deserve to look at the cutests frog stuffed aninal you'll ever see." She puts the item back by her pillow.

"Sure, the frog you stole, called Sushi and sleep with every night is so cute, Eleanor." He playfully rolls his eyes.

"Hey don't judge me. I can't sleep without something to hold." She simply replies.

"I'd love to take the frog his place."

"Richard, what did we talk about?" She glares at him.

"Right, no flirting." He nods his head. "I'm very sorry."

"You don't mean that." She simply points out.

He shakes his head. "No I don't, I like your reaction too much. You get all flustered and red."

"I do not!" She exclaims, bringing her hands to her face.

"If you don't then why are you covering your face right now?"

She peeks trough her fingers to him. "....Uh, peek a boo?"

"Peek a boo? seriously?" The boy gives her a look.

"El, I'm going to the store do you need anything?" The door opens to reveal her father. "Oh, and who is this?"

"Hi, I'm Ricky her s-"

"My friend. Ricky's a friend." Eleanor cuts Ricky off.

Ricky gives her a weird look from the word she used. Friend? Yeah sure, it's not like they're in a romantic relationship, but a friend? He's her soulmate.

"Ah, oké. Nice to meet you Ricky. Anyways, El do you need something?"

The girl quickly shakes her head. "Nope. I'm all good. Thanks dad."

"Oh okay. I'll be back in a bit." He says before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

The girl sighs, falling onto her back on the bed.

"What was that?" Ricky turns to face the girl.

"What was what?" She acts oblivious.

"A friend? I'm your soulmate." He huffs.

She sits back up. "Litterally introduce yourself like that to anyone you want." She points her finger against his chest. "But not my parents."

He furrows his eyebrows. "And why not?"

"My parents aren't fond of the whole soulmate thing." She explains. "Both their soulmates didn't want to have anything to do with them, so they don't want me to find my soulmate.'

"So what, they think I'll will do the same thing or something?"

"Practically, yeah." She nods her head. "I'm sorry, but it is better if my parents don't know you as my soulmate yet."

"All right " He gives in. "But you'll have to tell them eventually, El."

"I know. And I will. Right now just isn't a good time, things have been.. hectic recently. But I will tell them, just give me a few weeks, Rick."