We'll be alright.

❝〔 c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - f i v e 〕❞

To say that today was a mess is an understatement

To say that today was a mess is an understatement. First of Nathalie lost her hamster, then Nini and Ej fought infront of the whole drama club.

Then she has to sing with Ej because Ricky arrived late, and she wasn't totally there with her head seeing she could feel all the emotions of Ricky, and he wasn't exactly the happiest.

Ricky had practically been ignoring everyone today, and it was killing Eleanor that he didn't let her in, she wants to help.

She now understands why Ricky told her to open up, because this just sucks.

The girl frowns as she hears a noise at her window, she already knows who it is because who else would climb trougj her window, close to midnight?

Ricky stumbles trough the window, almkst falling in the process. "They make it look easier in movies."

She sighs softly, sitting up to look at her soulmate to notice his red, puffy eyes. "Come here." She opens her arms.

Ricky doesn't have to be told twice and rushes into the bed, falling into her arms.

Normally the girl would have complained about being in her bed with shoes on, but that is the last thing on her mind right now.

She starts massaging his scalp, knowkng that is the second thing that calms him down the most.

The first is well, kissing. But that doesn't really seem appropriately right now.

"Your parents again?" She guesses in a whisper.

"I- I think they're breaking up. for good now." He mumbles in the fabric of her shirt. "My mom's leaving."

"Oh, Rick." She sighs. "When is she leaving?"

"Tomorrow."

"Don't you think you should be with your family right now?" She asks gently. "At home?"

"I'm at home. I tried to stay there, I really did bit I couldn't. I just wanted to see you. I realized you're my home." He admits.

God, that is the sweetest thing someone has ever said to her, and she knows right now is the worst timing for her face to heat up, but it does.

"Ricky." She whispers, not sure what to say to that.

He shakes his head. "It's just- everyrhing is changing. And even though stiff had changed between us as well, you currently feel like the only stable thing in my life."

She leans down, pressing a kiss onto his head. "I know you don't like things to change, which is okay. But maybe it is the best."

"What? My mom leaving is a good thing?" He almost huffs.

"You hated to hear them fight, right?" She asks and receives a nod in return. "If they would have stayed together it would only have gotten worst. This isn't only the best for you, but also for them."

"I know that, it's just I'm really, really scared this time." He whispers. "It's all just going to fast. And it is so, so hard to talk about." He shakes his head. "Not with you, but anyone else."

"I know that you're scared, baby." She sighs softly. "But you can always come to me whenever you need to, and that will never change."

Ricky nods his head. "I know." He sits back up slowly, looking at the girl. "Thank you, for that."

"Ofcourse." She answers with no doubt. "I know you'd do the same to me."

"I will." He agrees. "I know this is like really, really terrible timing." He mutters. "But I really could use a kiss right now."

She simply nods her head, gently grabbing the side of his face and gently kissing him for several seconds.

She slowly pulls away, receiving a small sound of protest for him, causing a chuckle to escape her lips.

"Do you wanna sleep here?" She asks him, she still thinks he should be at his home right now, but she would never send him away if he choses to stay with her.

"Yes, please." He nods his head.

"Okay, I think I have some clothes from you, want me to go grab those?" She suggests.

"No, that 's fine. I know where they are."
She understands if he wants just a bit time alone so nods her head.

The boy returns ten minutes later in some of his sweatpants.

"There wasn't a shirt. Do you mind?" He asks, aiming at his shirtless body.

"Not at all." Her eyes widden at her words. "Uh- ignore that."

Ricky can't help from the amusing smile growing on his face but decides to not say anything.

As he walks towarss the bed he turns the lightswitch off as he walks past ot before smuggling into her body, being the little spoon tonight.

He likes being the little spoon, he mostly only does it when he is upset, but he likes to be able to hold her this way.

And whenever she isn't there he would hug a pillow close to ro his chest.

Just so he has something to hug, because that pretty much is all he needs when he is upset.

A hug.