Cause I've got you.

〔 c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - s e v e n  〕❞

"So, what happened with Gina?" Eleanor is currently sitting on Ricky's bed with her legs crossed

Ricky had asked her to stay over, and she agreed. She quickly got some stuff from home before they went here.

"Uh, I drove home, apologized, we talked some more, and then uh, she kissed me." He rants. "On my cheek!" He quickly adds.

"Oh." She mumbles, not sure how to feel about that.

"I didn't like it." He tells her genuinly, sitting down next to her on the bed.

She shrugs her shoulders. "We don't have to talk about it."

He nods his head. "Did something else happen at the dance when I was gone?"

She shakes her head. "Not really, no. I mean Seb finally showed up."

"That's nice. Carlos looked freaked out."

"He was." The girl chuckles. "Oh! My mom wanted you to come over for dinner sometime."

Ricky's eyes widden slightly. "They won't kill me or something, right?"

She snorts as she shakes her head. "They warmed up to you. Mostly because I never mentioned the break up, but if I told them that you would never be liked."

"Fair enough." He mutters, laying down so his head in her lap. "Play with my hair?"

She giggles as she starts playing with his curls, gently scratching his scalp. "Did you take better care of your curls?" She frowns, noticing they look a bit more healtht then before.

"I might have bought the products you sended me." He admits. "Is it working?"

She hums. "Next semester you'll have healthy curls, I'm sure of it."

He smiles softly as he looks up at her.

"What?" She can't help but smile.

"Nothing. You're just pretty." He whipsers.

Eleanor her cheeks heat up at his words. "Thank you."

He nods his head. "Just the truth. I like your straight hair, not as much as your curls but it is pretty."

"Well you won't see me with straight hair often in takes a while to straighten it." She sighs.  "Took me way too long."