I'm the one who burned us down.

❝〔 c h a p t e r  t w e n t y - f o u r  〕❞

Eleanlr frowns as she watches Ej walk through the hallways, his hand covering his nose and blood in his shirt

"What happened to you?" She raises her eyebrow.

"Why don't you ask your boyfriend?" He huffs, pushing open the door towards the men bathroom.

She looks confused for a second before following him in. "Ricky did that? And we broke up, you know that."

Ej sighs, taking of his jacket. "Right, okay so ask your soulmate what he did."

She rolls her eyes. "Why don't you just tell me what he did?"

He takes off his shirt, the girl her eyes widden slightly before she looks away from him, eyes focussed on the wall instead. She did not need to see him shirtless.

She hears water running, he is probably cleaning his shirt she realizes. "He threw a basketball in my face."

"Ricky? As in the golden retriever boy Ricky? My Ricky? That's hard to believe." She chuckles.

"Welk the proof is right here," He points at his face. "And here." He holds up his white t-shirt."

"Fair point." She nods her head, watching as he picks up the ice and presses it to the bruise. "So what exactly happened?"

Before Ej can answer the door opens. "Hey, how's the li- Ellie?"

"Hey, Rick." She chuckles awkwardly, very much aware the boy walked in on her and a shirtless Ej.

"What are you doing here?" Ricky frowns, looking between the two.

"I was asking him what happened." She points to his face where he is keeping the ice pressed on. "Didn't really get an answer though."

"This is the Boys bathroom." Ricky states, crossing his arms.

The girl shrugs her shoulders. "Yeah, so?"

He shakes his head before walking closer to Ej. "How's the lip?"

"All good." Ej shortly answers.

"Listen, I don't know what happened out there. It was an accident."

"Really?" Ej asks throwing the ice pack on the sink. "Cause infinity plus one sounded pretty real."