Chapter 4 - This Can't Be Happening

LOKI!

He has changed into pajamas, and has brought me flowers and chocolate too. He sweeps me into a hug and twirls me in the air.

"Remind me never to make you angry or force you into anything against your will" he says, and continues to hug me, "I am so happy that I am on your good side, I am on your good side right? I mean I know I didn't help you, but..."

"Yes Loki" I say through giggles as he continues to swing me through the air, "I was mad at you, but..." He doesn't let me finish my sentence, because he is so relieved that I am not angry at him any longer.

"I couldn't bear you being angry or cross with me, especially if what you did to Thor would be my punishment."

Laughing we pull back awkwardly and stare into each other's eyes, and then back away completely from each other. Something odd was in our eyes, like we wanted to kiss, but that didn't seem right, or it did seem right but not really. This is odd, why are we so excited that I am not courting Thor?

"Would you like to join me for the evening, your Highness?" I ask and he quickly agrees and sits with me by the fireplace, "I plan to spend a quiet evening enjoying some tea, chocolate, the fire, and possibly some poetry."

"How are you?" he asks with concern noticing my lip, cheek, eye, and my hand, "can I help you with anything?"

Before I can answer, Loki makes a move to touch my face, but reaches over and turns one of his hands blue to soothe my hand instead. Soon my mother and Frigga join us, they are not surprised to see that we are together since they are the ones who brought us together as friends in the first place. But they seem a little surprised that we are holding hands; yet they seem ok with the fact that it is because Loki is soothing my injured hand.

"So how much trouble am I facing tomorrow?" I ask Frigga after the ladies help themselves to some tea and get comfortable.

"Oh my dear, you will not be in any trouble," she begins and Loki and I look at her with shocked in our eyes, "I do think that Bard may want to speak with you though, if not about the gem possibly about your intent to speak with the Norns. But I suspect you will be sore from your injuries so I do suggest you stay home and rest."

"As you wish your majesty" I say and she smiles at me before continuing with her story.

"I merely pointed out to Odin how silly his contest was, and to force someone into a courtship blindly was not fair." She pulls me to a hug a then backs away from me, "I told him that it would have been a wasted year of courtship with you and Thor because you do not love him...and he does not love you. We would have ended up having to find yet another suitable maiden for Thor in a year's time anyway so why not just move on. I also told him, or at least echoed your sentiment about the Norns. They do not care for Odin in the first place, and if you were to speak with them, they most certainly would find a way to oust him."

"Though I know you are angry," she continues, "I ask that you think before taking actions with the Norns..."

She pauses and gives me an all-knowing look, and then glances to Loki who turns about seven shades of red.

"Tell me dear, how this transpired?" my mom asks in an attempt to change to subject, "how did you end up finding the stone if you weren't looking? Sif mentioned that you were not paying attention or even interested in the hunt or search, so I am confused as to how you ended up with the gem."

The four of us settle in to have tea and I explain how Sif was looking and I wasn't, I how I sat on the pink bench and when I got up I tripped over a rock. When I picked it up to throw into the lake, it transformed to the gem. I tried to give it to Sif and when she went to take it from me; I was transported to the doors outside of the great hall in a champagne colored dress.