Chapter 21 - Finding Out Something Interesting

The next morning I wake, shower, and dress in a long sleeved black gown with silver accents. I walk to the grand hall for breakfast and take a seat at a table that would seat four people. Loki asked me to save a seat for him, but haven't seen him this morning, or heard from him since last night.

I hope he is feeling ok. If he misses breakfast I will just stop by his residence and see him. I do know how to heal so maybe I can make him feel a little better.

Sif and Fandral join me, and the fourth seat remains empty. We eat a hearty breakfast and are about halfway through when a herald brings large bouquet of red roses to me. The sheer size of the bouquet attracts attention.

"Pardon Miss, but I was instructed to deliver these to you..." he bows and hands me the bouquet.

"Hmm, I always knew you had an admirer or two" Fandral says.

"If these are from you, I will beat you right here and now..." I threaten, "especially after last night..."

"No dear, I wouldn't dare..." Fandral says, "trust me, I know better than to dare attempt to woo you. I would like to think that it was made abundantly clear last night you are, how do they say it on Midgard...off limits?"

Looking to Fandral with a question in my eyes, I wonder what he means, but I am not going to pursue that right now.

"So who are they from?" Sif asks.

I read the card and then vanish the flowers back to my room, and give Sif a knowing look. She knows or at least suspects that she knows who the flowers are from but she does understand that I am not going to tell her. She rolls her eyes; she never understood or cared for the friendship Loki and I have. I am not sure if she is jealous because of our bond, or if it is because she has feelings for Loki. Just as we get up from the table, Cedrin joins us and the four of us leave the hall.

"Lady F/n" he says and gives me a white and blue and cloak, "Eira asked me to bring this to you, it's a healers cloak. She said that you have completed the first part of the training and have earned this. "

Sif and Fandral congratulate me, and Cedrin places the cloak around my shoulders. Down the hall Fandral notices that Loki is approaching and he quickly pushes Cedrin out of the way, and finishes fastening the cloak.

"Here my lovely friend, I would be so honored if you would allow me..." he says and Cedrin steps back.

"Trust me" Fandral whispers to me, "I do not want to see the walls painted with his blood."

Giving Fandral an odd look he inclines his head in the direction that Loki is approaching but he is nowhere to be seen, but his green mist from teleportation is swirling in the air. Then it hits me exactly what Fandral meant earlier, but I know that I will have to have a chat with him later. Cedrin offers me his arm and we walk to the healer's ward after parting ways with Sif and Fandral.

"So Lady F/n, who were the flowers from?" he asks.

"Oh uh, they were from a friend. We were supposed to have met for breakfast but were not able to," I giggle.

"Are they from him?" he asks me and I give him an accusatory look.

"Him who?" I respond, "I make no presumptions of what you think you may know."

He stops and looks at me, the turns and places his hands on my arms. I am sure he has an idea of whom they are from; he did make a comment about Loki and I courting back when I was in the healer's ward. But I am not going to pretend that I know who he means, besides he should be man enough to say to me exactly what he means.

"Lady F/n, " he begins, "I... I ..."

"Cedrin, are you ok?" I ask and he nods and then shakes his head.