Chapter 30 - Someone New

It's a beautiful morning and Sif and I are headed to the practice courts. Thor and Loki are going to meet us there, along with the rest of our friends.  The seven of us have become pretty much inseparable since we begin training together; we do everything with each other. Sif and I talk as we approach the group. Sif is my best female friend, only because Loki is my best friend overall.

Or he has been my best friend overall, but we had a date last night, and it was wonderful. It might be odd to see him today...

Sif and I chat and giggle every so often as we approach the group.  We are getting to the age where it will be expected for us to court or even settle down with the right guy, but I am not certain that I am ready-especially after last night. This is quite the adjustment for Sif and I since we are such good friends with the Warriors and the Princes, our time together rarely allows us any time to find others to court.

As we approach the Princes we can see that Thor and Loki are speaking with a new gentleman named Valdemar. He just started learning how to spar, he usually is learning some diplomatic courses, but wanted to learn some fighting techniques. His parents are involved in several Court Councils and have arranged for him to train with us. I only know him by reputation, I have never been formally introduced to him, and all I was told is that he would be joining us today. Sif is telling me all about Valdemar: about our age, blond hair, brown eyes, and not courting anyone.

"Sif, " I say, "neither are you, so maybe you and he should spend some time together..." I nudge her and we giggle.

"I do agree that he is handsome, but you need to seek out some other guys. We both do," Sif says adamantly. "All we ever do is spar and hang out with the princes and the warriors, and you spend way too much time with Loki...come on, let's be adventurous and see who else we can meet."

"Sif, I am not ready to start courting someone... and Loki is my best friend, so of course we spend time together... and after the way things happened with Cedrin..."

"Who said anything about courting, just some harmless games, or flirting or a date here and there...."she says with a smile, and I sigh.

"Alright Sif, let's see what men are out there for us." We continue to laugh as we approach the group.

She doesn't know that I had a good time with Loki, she just thinks it was the two of us having dinner as friends. She doesn't realize that my feelings may have changed for Loki, but I am sure his haven't changed for me. I don't want to date other men, I only want to date Loki, I think.

"Who is that?" Valdemar asks and points to Sif and I.

"That is Lady F/n and Lady Sif." Loki says with an air of annoyance as he secures his armor around his body. He is annoyed because of this new person who is to be training with them, why couldn't Valdemar have trained with another group?  It's like having another Fandral around. Valdemar is always preening and primping, making sure the women notice him; strutting around like a peacock.  

Drop the pea part of peacock and that defines Valdemar perfectly Loki thinks to himself and smirks.

Valdemar always been an idiot and certain to try and get f/n's attention.  He is not good enough for her and he needs to know that she is MINE, Loki thinks to himself. We might not be courting, but she is mine to claim when I feel the time is right...though she may not know that, yet. And then last night.... I felt that I became alive with that kiss.

"She's glorious, how have I never seen her or met her before?" Valdemar asks as he points to me.

"You have never seen her before because you are a dolt and an imbecile and not worthy of her attention as well as being far below her station," Loki says and walks over to greet Sif and I while leaning in to give me a kiss on the cheek, but leaving his lips there a little longer than expected. He hands me my armor and helps me put it on.